Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen > Gen3 Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-03-2009, 05:31 PM   #16
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Please contact bookeen about your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sociedaddelocio View Post
Dear friends,

I'm afraid that is more f=#¤# serios that I'd though... Checking out my downloads, I saw that I'd never installed a Cybook firmware!Let me explain:

I remember that, I always was very suspicious, bland other things, about the battery performance and the garbage can button (from now, "the garbage can of the dead").. Well, you probably know the Kindler-Sony "killer" Foxit Slick which is similar to my dead Cybook (looking closely, you'll even see the garbage can button!)... And guess what... exactly, I'd installed that firmware instead!

I didn't kill anyone but I'm feel quite stupid... My own birthday is ruined!

However, I hope someone, much clever , could guide me through the darkness tunnel road of the resurrection... And finally finish my 700 pages novels!

But I'd always thought that, independently the firmware "mistake", any problem could be solved through software... I have seen people fixing PSPs, why couldn't I fix my Cybook on my own? I'm wondering if I could use that "pandora" kit for the PSP as well

Happy weekend everybody and remember: never install the competence's firmware -or whatever- on your own system!
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #17
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Until he have a 200Mhz Cybook and not a 400Mhz if not, this will not work currently
Advert
Old 07-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #18
sociedaddelocio
Dr. Sybough Brick Ed.
sociedaddelocio began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post

Edit
My apologies, there really is a fw update for eslick. Though I still think that it shouldn't be recognized by cybook or started by its update routine.
No a joke, buddy, just my mistake. They are dangerously look-alike, therefore why they couldn't support software reciprocally? As I said, look closely!
sociedaddelocio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #19
Godzil

So you use the procedure given here : http://www.foxitsoftware.com/ebook/instructions.html to update your cybook ?

(really) Please contact bookeen, they could provide you a way to reset back to normal your cybook
Old 07-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #20
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Re: Cybook Bricked.

I'm confused. You attempted an 'update' using FoxIt's updater?!? On a Cybook!?! I don't know as how that would ever fall into the category of 'good thing'.

Now, I've got a Build 536 that does a full update of the Cybook, and then you could re-flash with the Build 796 - and I think I have a copy of Build 802 as well... But I forewarn you that you may well be looking at a 'MUST SEND TO BOOKEEN' scenario even if you attempt the 'build from Build536' process.

Yes, I've got your email and I'll be scrummaging through my files to find the three full-format builds.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #21
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
I can see why there may be confusion about the FoxIt, especially if there are language issues--it looks just like a Cybook. What that may mean is that they are using the same basic firmware tweaked for their purposes...close enough to start the...well, 'upgrade' isn't quite right... but not close enough to do anything but hang it. If he can get the build 538 to work, and get around the thing being stuck at the first screen, maybe that will get around it. I did read somewhere in the forums about someone resurrecting a cybook stuck at the first screen( is that the 'splash' screen?) but I can't remember what exactly they did--it involved a sequence of button pushes.
momghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #22
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by momghoti View Post
I can see why there may be confusion about the FoxIt, especially if there are language issues--it looks just like a Cybook. What that may mean is that they are using the same basic firmware tweaked for their purposes...close enough to start the...well, 'upgrade' isn't quite right... but not close enough to do anything but hang it. If he can get the build 538 to work, and get around the thing being stuck at the first screen, maybe that will get around it. I did read somewhere in the forums about someone resurrecting a cybook stuck at the first screen( is that the 'splash' screen?) but I can't remember what exactly they did--it involved a sequence of button pushes.
I did that a while ago - in both directions - on my old Netronix EB-100. First had problems putting Build538fmt onto it and then had problems re-installing Netronix firmware. But by the time I had gone through the Build538fmt a second time, I was an 'old hand' at it. Of course, that's been MONTHS ago...

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bricked, cybook, driver, firmware, homebrew