Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: When was the last time you bought a pBook?
I never bought a pBook 1 1.19%
More than 2 years ago 4 4.76%
More than 1 year ago 10 11.90%
More than 6 months ago 10 11.90%
More than 1 month ago 11 13.10%
Less than 1 month ago 34 40.48%
I buy pBooks as often as before I got an ereader 16 19.05%
I buy more eBooks thans pBooks 25 29.76%
I still buy more pBooks than eBooks 10 11.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
When was the last time you bought a pBook?

Since I bought my Cybook almost a year ago, I find myself reading a little bit more and in places I wouldn't usually read (not only because an ereader is more portable, but because it's more discreet).

I was about to order a few pBooks from Amazon UK when I just noticed that it would be the first time in almost a year!

I wonder what's your case.

The poll allows multiple choice (so that you may choose one of the last three options too).

@HarryT: Could you fix that "thans" in the second last poll option please?

Last edited by Over; 04-05-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This morning: one of the Agatha Christie books not currently available as an eBook ("Hickory Dickory Dock").
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I bought Haruki Murakami's "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running" on Saturday in Hardback, but I think that's going to be my very last purchase of a pbook. I gave away over half my collection this week to friends and charity shops, along with about 150 original DVD's. I aim to be Shelf-Free by the Summer
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Many (most?) of the books I want to read are still not available to buy in digital form and so I expect to continue pbooks for quite some time.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I just got "Animal, Vegetable Miracle" to share with one of my housemates and my Landlord. I already have it on my Kindle, but as we know this is one of the disadvantages of ebooks. I've purchased quite a few books on Newfoundland dogs in pbook form that are not digital as well as a few women's history and religious history books.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I bought "Nation" by terry Pratchett and then promptly in e-book. I just like collecting Pratchett...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #7
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I buy pbooks secondhand all the time, as far as new from the store I bought a couple just before Christmas. Might have been the previous Christmas for the time before that.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I'm buying less pbooks than I used to, but as many books are still not available as ebooks I don't have much choice if I want to read them

Also, some of the pbooks I buy wouldn't be practical as ebooks anyway.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #9
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I bought "Nation" by terry Pratchett and then promptly in e-book. I just like collecting Pratchett...
Seems like a thoroughly commendable hobby to me
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #10
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
'Passage to India' when it was the Book Club choice, because I didn't like the ebook version I bought from Fictionwise.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #11
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I went into the city yesterday and checked out 4 bookstores.
I didn't buy anything in Borders.
At Dymocks I got Fantasy Cross Stitch 60 Spellbinding Designs. (I don't think embroidery books will be right for ereading in my lifetime.)
At Abbeys I picked up Nick Hornby The Complete Polysyllabic Spree - The Diary of an Occasionally Exasperated But Ever Hopeful Reader. (I thought it would be interesting to see what an author reads.)
At Galaxy I bought Jade Lee's Dragonborn, and Dragonbound and Magic Dirt the best of Sean Williams.
I've already bought more than 25 ebooks this month. (Mainly Harlequins.)
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:18 PM   #12
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
I bought a pbook just today - a history book in Polish, as to my knowledge there are no commercial Polish ebooks in existence.

I still buy more pbooks than ebooks, because for a long time now I've been reading just the public domain mystery titles from Mobileread. I like mysteries published in 1900-1930 much more than the new ones.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I bought "The Lipstick Chronicles" at Dollar General a couple of weeks ago. It looked good, and it was a dollar.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #14
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Other than college/grad school textbooks, I have only bought the $.50 variety at the library. And I don't do that anymore.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
I bought a pbook just today - a history book in Polish, as to my knowledge there are no commercial Polish ebooks in existence.

I still buy more pbooks than ebooks, because for a long time now I've been reading just the public domain mystery titles from Mobileread. I like mysteries published in 1900-1930 much more than the new ones.
Krystian, I do not read Polish, so I don't know what the titles say, but here is a link to the books in Polish from www.manybooks.net. They don't have many.....

http://manybooks.net/language.php?code=pl
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote