Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-23-2017, 10:53 AM   #61
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
ES File Explorer is full of malware. I wouldn't put any versions after 4.0.2.3 on any device.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Do you have a substitute please as I use it on both my Samsung and my Fire.
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:28 AM   #62
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Yeah, when it went wrong, it went wrong in a big hurry.
I'm still finding traces of it. I thought I had it all removed and just the other day I found more hidden files.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2017, 11:31 AM   #63
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=286164

You can see a few alternatives here. I use Solid Explorer.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 09-23-2017, 11:45 AM   #64
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=286164

You can see a few alternatives here. I use Solid Explorer.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Thank you. If i do a factory reset on both my devices will that get rid of it completely?

I'm no good at hunting around for files.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:24 PM   #65
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thank you. If i do a factory reset on both my devices will that get rid of it completely?

I'm no good at hunting around for files.
Yes it will. A little extreme but it will get rid of all traces.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Advert
Old 09-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #66
Andy_D
Connoisseur
Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

Sent from my Nexus 7
What exactly will one get rid of if they do a factory reset to get rid of ES File Explorer? With what bad things does it infect one's device? I doubt a factory reset is necessary, but I'm willing to change my opinion with new information.

Malware, as I understand it, is defined as software with malicious intent such as viruses, worms, trojan horses, ransomware, spyware etc. ES File Exporler apparently has added adware and bloatware beyond its basic function that many people don't want, but I think malware may be a bit of an overstatement. What are new versions of ES File Explorer doing that qualifies it as malware?

Many, if not most, free Android apps have ads with varying degrees of obtrusiveness. One may reasonably choose not to install them, but they aren't malware as defined above.

My older version of Es File Explorer is 4.0.5.1, and I like it a lot. It's still available on APKMirror, a safe download site. The current "malware" version is still available on Google Play. Does Google offer widely used apps with known malcious software on its site for download over long periods of time that infect a user's device so badly that one must resort to a factory reset ? Maybe, but I'd be surprised if it did.

That said, there are lots of good Android file managers. If I didn't have an older version of ES File Explorer, I'd probably install one of them.
Andy_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #67
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Just Google "ES File Explorer Malware" (without the quotes") there is several articles that will explain all.
I don't want to go off topic too much but it has the potential of sending your private information to servers for malicious intent. It's been known to download apps without permission onto devices. It's nasty stuff. Feel free to open a thread in our Android forum if you need more assistance.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited by Blossom; 09-23-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:16 PM   #68
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Sent from my Nexus 7
Thank you. I've done that now with both my Fire and my Samsung. I'm selling the Fire in the next week or two so that was no loss tbh and I'd rather be sure with the Samsung. A restore is sometimes a good way to clear the accumulated junk of a tablet and give it a fresh start so I don't mind doing one
Old 09-24-2017, 07:35 AM   #69
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Just a note for those that don’t know...the SD card is not immediately ready. When you start up the Fire, you have to wait a couple minutes while the Fire “checking SD card”. I stopped loading my apps on the card for that reason. I still Store media on the card, which is one of the reasons I bought a fire in the first place when I already have an iPad.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:50 AM   #70
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
I use Total Commander:
http://www.ghisler.com/android.htm
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:55 PM   #71
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
My account was charged for my preorder today, but no "shipped" notice yet. Should come any moment though, I expect.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:39 PM   #72
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Does anyone know the PPI yet?

Sent from my XT1528
10.1” touchscreen, 1920 x 1200 resolution at 224 ppi,
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:42 PM   #73
cane
Enthusiast
cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3,Kindle Oasis 2016,2022 Basic kindle
Well I just ordered the All-New Fire HD 10 Tablet with Alexa Hands-Free, 10.1″ 1080p Full HD Display, 64 GB
for $189.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members
Due 10-11-2017
I have a HD8 with 32GB of memory plus a 64GB microSD card.
But my Grandson loves it so I told him Ok I will give that one to you.
I am looking forward to try reading PDF on this guy
10.1� 1080p Full HD display (1920 x 1200) with over 2 million pixels (224 ppi) I can also Enjoy widescreen movies, Youtube videos with wide viewing angles, less glare, and more brightness thanks to a stunning IPS (in-plane-switching) LCD display.
Has 2 quad-core processors. Two 1.8 GHz cores and two 1.4 GHz cores ,and up to 10 hours of mixed-use battery life
One feature I like on Kindle HD is Blue Shade, an exclusive Fire OS feature that automatically adjusts and optimizes the backlight for a more comfortable nighttime reading experience.
should FLY !!
PS: ordered a case on Amazon too first one I ordered was 40 bucks then I looked around read a article about the cases found on on Amazon Infiland All-New Fire HD 10 2017 Case - Premium Folio Smart Stand Cover with Auto Wake/ Sleep Function for All-New Fire HD 10 Tablet 10.1" (7th Generation, 2017 Release ) got it for $10.95 with prime shipping beats 40 bucks :-)
cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:47 AM   #74
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I decided last night to order direct from Amazon but the one I want, Black 64GB, won't deliver until the 24th so I'm not pre ordering. I'll wait until the page shows in stock and delivery tomorrow. If I end up waiting until Black Friday so be it.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:16 AM   #75
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Mine shipped and should be here on release day (Wed the 11th). Unless my highly-dysfunctional local post office decides they don't want to deliver it that day, that is.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote