Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
Kruppes
Kruppes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Can't update jailbroken Kindle

Hi there, I'm using a Kindle Touch running a jailbroken FW 5.0.4 to keep using the amazon store it asks me to update. I tried to do so and the progress bar fills up and the kindle reboots without reporting any error but the installed firmware is still 5.0.4 and not 5.1.0 how it should be. Is there anything I gotta do before updating a jailbroken kindle I was missing to do?
Kruppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruppes View Post
Hi there, I'm using a Kindle Touch running a jailbroken FW 5.0.4 to keep using the amazon store it asks me to update. I tried to do so and the progress bar fills up and the kindle reboots without reporting any error but the installed firmware is still 5.0.4 and not 5.1.0 how it should be. Is there anything I gotta do before updating a jailbroken kindle I was missing to do?
You shouldn't be having a jailbroken Kindle and expect everything to work correctly as Amazon intended. You could try a factory reset, and install the update. Chances are that you might not be able to reinstall your jailbreak though with new version.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
You should never factory reset a jailbroken Kindle without uninstalling any installed hacks and the jailbreak itself first.
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The jailbreak does not prevent updating. The most common "culprit" is a screensaver hack. You need to rename the original 800x600 screensaver folder back after deleting (or renaming) the custom replacement folder. Then it will update (unless you have another misbehaving hack installed).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote