Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
leo315
Edge User

Opera Mini Web browser for Android @EE in full screen

Opera Mini Web browser for Android @EE in full screen

Download: http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/
Select Install through your PC, it will download the APK file.

Opera Mini utilizes the entire screen. The one tap zoom in/out works depending on your internet speed. So far the one tap zoom didn't work in landscape mode on the EE.

I still searching for a browser that utilize the entire LCD screen and works in portrait and landscape mode.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
canezila
Edge User

Thanks! Wish it was this easy for other apps.

Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
mphoseeko
Edge User

If you find browser that utilize the entire LCD screen and works in portrait and landscape mode.
Can you post it please.
I will be looking as well.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphoseeko View Post
If you find browser that utilize the entire LCD screen and works in portrait and landscape mode.
Can you post it please.
I will be looking as well.
Dophin Browser does. http://andappstore.com/AndroidApplic...olphin_Browser

Old 08-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #5
leo315
Edge User

The dolphin browser still shows the top status bar and the menu bar at the bottom. Opera mini is at least full full screen. Full full screen like the video player. The search for the full full screen browser is still on.

Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo315 View Post
The dolphin browser still shows the top status bar and the menu bar at the bottom. Opera mini is at least full full screen. Full full screen like the video player. The search for the full full screen browser is still on.
In dolphin browser press the menu-button, then 'hide tab' and you also have full full screen.

EDIT: even better, just double tab on the screen.

Last edited by sjarrel; 08-15-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #7
leo315
Edge User

double tab still doesn't use the entire screen

double tab in in the dolphin browser still doesn't use the entire screen (like video player). status bar on top and main menu at the bottom still remains.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #8
NiaTrue
Edge User

I noticed after installing the latest Dolphin update that my menu bar on the bottom no longer disappears, although double tapping (or changing the auto hide setting) makes the status bar at the top of the screen disappear. I guess the udpate doesn't support hiding the main menu on the bottom.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo315 View Post
double tab in in the dolphin browser still doesn't use the entire screen (like video player). status bar on top and main menu at the bottom still remains.
That's odd. I have version 2.0.0. and NO status bar on top and NO main menu at the bottom after double tab. So really full full. And made full screen for the eDGe it shows. Do you have another version?

Old 08-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #10
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrel View Post
That's odd. I have version 2.0.0. and NO status bar on top and NO main menu at the bottom after double tab. So really full full. And made full screen for the eDGe it shows. Do you have another version?
I'm running Dolphin 2.6. When I was running 2.0, I didn't have this problem. Thinking about switching back to the older version. I'd rather have more screen than the new functions (the download links on this site take you to the Android Market). I have the APK somehwere if anyone wants the new one and doesn't have market access.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:05 AM   #11
leo315
Edge User

Under >settings >Manage applications > Dolphin Browser is says: Version 50. Could some one post the download link for the version 2.0 with easy full full screen support. Thanks.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #12
NiaTrue
Edge User

FYI, Dolphin 3.0.1 doesn't support getting rid of the menu bar at the bottom of the screen either.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #13
janvangastel
Edge User

I have installed the opera mini browser. I know how to make bookmarks, but cant't find them back. Can anyone please tell me how? And is it possible to copy bookmarks from the edge browser into the dolphin browser?

Jan.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #14
janvangastel
Edge User

The help page says bookmarks can be found in the menu, by pressing the menu button, but it's not in the list.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #15
aidren
Edge User

Jan

Try Menu button > wrench icon > bookmarks (I think it's the heart icon, the first one on the left)... and then, if you are saving them in folders, open whatever folder you are using.