Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #31
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
Many thanks!

Looks like I need to install a terminal emulator to find it as I installed it into main memory. Connecting the iLiad to me PC via USB only shows me the folders for books, news, documents, and newspapers.

-Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:32 PM   #32
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Did you install Integrated FBReader 0.8.14 with ePub and Registry Support? It apparently installs to system memory, and may not have an uninstall option.

If so, I suggest reposting to the above thread.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #33
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
Wallcraft,

I installed from the fbreaderinst.zip file. Issuing the "ipkg remove fbreader" command through the terminal emulator removed the application. A test with an .rtf file has reverted back to the original iLiad icon with the "X" in it.

-many thanks,

Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:15 AM   #34
bryancostanich
bryancostanich began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Won't Install :(

Hi all,

I requested shell access, connected to IDS, downloaded it, restarted it.

Then i got the FBReader 8.4 install, copied it to my CF card. put my CF card in, navigated to it, clicked it, the screen flashes for a second and then it still shows the install there.

am i doing something wrong?

on my CF card, i put the install into "/App Installs/FBReader/fbreaderinst"

i'm running the 2.12 firmware ver.

-b

--

as a follow up, the same thing happens with the xmahjongg installer, so i'm thinking it's a shell issue? is there some way to verify that the shell access has been installed?

Last edited by bryancostanich; 05-07-2008 at 12:27 AM.
bryancostanich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:11 AM   #35
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Try removing the space in "App Installs". That causes problems with some launchers.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #36
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Adam,

Could you tell me how to jump though a specific page and/or skip x pages ahead or back?
Using the stylus doesn't work.. is this a bug or...?
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #37
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvoosten View Post
Adam,

Could you tell me how to jump though a specific page and/or skip x pages ahead or back?
Using the stylus doesn't work.. is this a bug or...?
I thought that dragging the toolbar, or clicking a page in the middle will do this, but I'm not sure.

A long hold of page forward should advance by 5 pages or so.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #38
mvoosten
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
I thought that dragging the toolbar, or clicking a page in the middle will do this, but I'm not sure.

A long hold of page forward should advance by 5 pages or so.
Thx.. pressing on the toolbar just skips a page (sometimes) so I guess this might be considered a bug..

long hold I should test though.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #39
bryancostanich
bryancostanich began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
removing the space fixed it.

thanks!
-b
bryancostanich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:59 AM   #40
mvoosten
Zealot

Quote:
Thx.. pressing on the toolbar just skips a page (sometimes) so I guess this might be considered a bug..

long hold I should test though.
Long hold on page forward only resulted in a long wait and then randomly skipping one or 2 pages.. same as using the stylus on the bar.
Pressing the up and down arrow does skip more pages.. however it skips to the next chapter.. that's good, though not every book has a chapter (in my case FB2 files btw.. might have something to do with it?)
Old 05-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #41
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
There isn't an option to skip x pages. There is a "next section" option, which is bound to the arrow keys. This is useful for ebooks that have chapters. The other way to navigate is to use the stylus on the progress bar at the bottom of the page. There is a "goto page" option in the latest FBReader by the way, but it isn't available for the iLiad.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:38 AM   #42
mvoosten
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
There isn't an option to skip x pages. There is a "next section" option, which is bound to the arrow keys. This is useful for ebooks that have chapters. The other way to navigate is to use the stylus on the progress bar at the bottom of the page. There is a "goto page" option in the latest FBReader by the way, but it isn't available for the iLiad.
That's the whole point "use the stylus on the progress bar at the bottom of the page" doesn't work.. it only skips 1 or 2 pages at the most..
Old 05-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #43
jontom
jontom began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
fbreader formats

Hi, I was just wondering why the supported formats for fbreader do not include .prc. I have tried this format on fbreader on my iliad and it worked perfectly. Is there something i'm missing?

Jontom
jontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #44
wallcraft
reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontom View Post
Hi, I was just wondering why the supported formats for fbreader do not include .prc. I have tried this format on fbreader on my iliad and it worked perfectly. Is there something i'm missing?
I agree that FBReader does a better job than the MobiPocket Reader on DRM-free MOBI/PRC files, but it does not handle MOBI/PRC files with DRM (or MobiPocket's high compression option). The ContentLister has already assigned .prc files to the MobiPocket Reader, and this isn't changed by the Registry installer.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #45
jontom
jontom began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
updating the registry

Hi, It looks fairly trivial to edit the registry, If i want fbreader to open .prc by default is editing the update.sed file to include .prc?

Jontom
jontom is offline   Reply With Quote