Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
dsbruce
dsbruce began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Nook RSS feed reader

I have had my nook for a couple of weeks and am really enjoying it! I was hoping to do some web browsing on it too and I found a really cool rss feed reader for the nook. It is at www.nookfeed.com. Those folks did a great job of creating a control for navigating feeds that is simple and works great. The web site says they are working on improving it too. Enjoy!
dsbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:30 AM   #2
ctos
Enthusiast
ctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook, G1
agree with you, nookfeed.com is a fantastic site for nook user. I love the google reader feeds import function, but currently it not support feeds in Chinese name.
ctos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Not sure how that web app works. I connect my nook and it loads the feeds onto it? Log into to the site on my nook?
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
terekkincaid
Connoisseur
terekkincaid doesn't litterterekkincaid doesn't litter

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
Not sure how that web app works. I connect my nook and it loads the feeds onto it? Log into to the site on my nook?
It seems just like Google Reader, except that it formats properly for the nook screen. I've tried using the iPhone interface for Google Reader, and it's a bit dodgy. Basically, you sign up, and pick a bunch of RSS feeds. Then, you log on to the site with your nook and read the aggregated feeds. I don't believe it will download the feeds to your nook; you're just viewing them on the browser.

I signed up for this, and I'll try it out on my nook when I get home later.
terekkincaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
dsbruce
dsbruce began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by terekkincaid View Post
It seems just like Google Reader, except that it formats properly for the nook screen. I've tried using the iPhone interface for Google Reader, and it's a bit dodgy. Basically, you sign up, and pick a bunch of RSS feeds. Then, you log on to the site with your nook and read the aggregated feeds. I don't believe it will download the feeds to your nook; you're just viewing them on the browser.

I signed up for this, and I'll try it out on my nook when I get home later.
Yes, you are just viewing the feeds in your browser. The controls for scrolling up and down the page are nice because by clicking a button you move precisely up or down a page on the screen. I think that is much easier than trying to scroll through a web page by scrolling on the touch screen.

After you chose the feeds on the nookfeed web page you can categorize or delete them by double-clicking a feed on your list. Took me a while to figure that one out!
dsbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
flyash
Groupie
flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbruce View Post
Yes, you are just viewing the feeds in your browser.
Is there an option to download for offline reading? Does nookfeed have any advantages over using Calibre's News feature?
flyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
Fmstrat
G:RSS-Web Creator
Fmstrat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PW, Nexus 4,10
Hey everyone. I've actually created a Nook friendly Google Reader that uses the touchscreen for instant controls on top and is displayed like the Nook's menu system while formatting all the entries for the Nook's screen. If you're a member at mobilread or kindleboards you can see it there, or find the link/info/screenshots here: http://nowsci.com/grss-web

It's being discussed in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98498
Fmstrat is offline   Reply With Quote