Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
mojkadona
mojkadona began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Unhappy Pocketbook IQ 2.2 android Froyo not until March

Hi everyone,
I just emailed the pocketbook company asking them when the new 2.2 Froyo update was expected and they promptly sent me an email back saying it was scheduled for March. I just ordered my pocketbook IQ on Friday. I was really hoping this update was coming out in January. Now I don't know if I should go for the Nook Color or stick with the Pocketbook IQ and wait for the update. Any suggestions?
mojkadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
JP36
Enthusiast
JP36 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq 2200, Pocketbook IQ 701, Sony PRS350
It depends on what you expected to use the IQ for and whether or not the IQ as is is what you want or not. Through rooting you can obtain many of the alleged promised features 2.2 is supposed to get risk your warranty.

I can only say as a reader I'm perfectly happy with my unrooted IQ and don't have any foreseeable need to root besides a few 'annoyances' that probably won't be addressed in the update (like the stupid 'welcome' message everytime it boots).

I've read the kindle for android app works on the IQ but have not installed it and the nook app doesn't work but might with the 2.2 update.
JP36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP36 View Post
I can only say as a reader I'm perfectly happy with my unrooted IQ and don't have any foreseeable need to root besides a few 'annoyances' that probably won't be addressed in the update (like the stupid 'welcome' message everytime it boots).
There's a solution for that, several boot logos you can choose from in post #3 of this thread, or you can request a logo to be made for you, kindly offered by hiaig.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #4
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojkadona View Post
Hi everyone,
I just emailed the pocketbook company asking them when the new 2.2 Froyo update was expected and they promptly sent me an email back saying it was scheduled for March. I just ordered my pocketbook IQ on Friday. I was really hoping this update was coming out in January. Now I don't know if I should go for the Nook Color or stick with the Pocketbook IQ and wait for the update. Any suggestions?
I am not surprised since none of its sister devices (PD Novel & VC Reader) doesn't have it. There are community-supported beta versions of froyo (Stock & Cyanogen) so I wonder why they are waiting until March to release it.

By then, Honeycomb will be out so I guess Froyo will be irrelevant.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
I am not surprised since none of its sister devices (PD Novel & VC Reader) doesn't have it. There are community-supported beta versions of froyo (Stock & Cyanogen) so I wonder why they are waiting until March to release it.

By then, Honeycomb will be out so I guess Froyo will be irrelevant.
not sure how pocketbook works, but they should send it out some for beta testing.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
paww
Connoisseur
paww began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
not sure how pocketbook works, but they should send it out some for beta testing.

Cheers
paww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #7
larryw
larryw began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojkadona View Post
Hi everyone,
I just emailed the pocketbook company asking them when the new 2.2 Froyo update was expected and they promptly sent me an email back saying it was scheduled for March.
I quess we should verify that they were talking about March 2011?

-Winston

Last edited by larryw; 03-08-2011 at 09:22 AM.
larryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:44 AM   #8
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Any news for Froyo? March is here...
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #9
nick88
nick88 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
I'm starting to get worried.
The froyo update starts to look like this:
nick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #10
tmg820
tmg820 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ, Sony Ereader Touch PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryw View Post

-Winston
Hahaha! I was just thinking the same thing...
tmg820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #11
lglake
Enthusiast
lglake began at the beginning.

Device: sony650 + 701 IQ + Dell Streak 7
@ mojkadona
Hi, what e-mail address did you use?
I have e-mailed the support e-mail address several times and never received an answer yet.
Maybe I didn't ask the right questions, the ones they have the answers for. 8^)
lglake
lglake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #12
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Quote:
Now don't give me that old Bookeen joke!
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #13
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Given the other Pocketbook thread, I am not holding my breath.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #14
timothyh
timothyh is on a distinguished road

Device: nook color, nook touch, sony 350
I was considering purchasing an IQ, but was really not happy with 2.0. emailed company and received a VERY fast response concerning upgrading to 2.2. Their answer was that it was on "hold" for the time being. Thanks much to everyone with your informative comments and information.
timothyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:50 AM   #15
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
"ON HOLD" ????!!!!!????
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote