Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-19-2020, 12:38 PM   #256
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Version 2.0.40 CalibreSpy template settings for the CALM Target Library

Version 2.0.40 -2020-12-19 CalibreSpy template settings for the CALM Target Library; Information and Error Messages improved; Self-repair of user-created CALM Target Library (only CALM may create the Target Library).

Obviously, the CalibreSpy's settings for the CALM Template Target Library will be usable only after you have "refreshed" a CALM Target Library.

Highly recommended: Use CalibreSpy via a .bat/command file to view your CALM Library while simultaneously viewing ALL of your Source Libraries the same way in CalibreSpy. That way, you may dedicate using the Calibre GUI itself to actually changing metadata based on what you find in the various simultaneous CalibreSpy windows.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:30 PM   #257
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hey,

I have a column in all my libraries Book_Source/#booksource

it seems that CALM has done something with it and removed the data.

It's supposed to be a text shown in the browser, but it's empty.

This is an important column because it spans all my source and main libraries and tells me where a book came from.

Any suggestions other than renaming the column?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2020, 09:17 PM   #258
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CALM does nothing to anything without you telling it to.

If you Activated those columns prior to Generation, then it was mapped into the Target Library.

Real question: what did You do with the Activations?

The Tab for the Activation of custom columns has buttons to list every column and what it was mapped to.

Read the mappings to answer your question.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:07 AM   #259
DaltonST
Deviser

CALM Target Library Used in CalibreSpy

Attached is an example showing the use of CalibreSpy with a CALM Target Library.

The special CALM Columns are baked into the template CalibreSpy settings within the template CALM Target Library as of the most recent version of CALM.

If you execute CalibreSpy from a .bat/command file simultaneously for each CALM Source Library, you will be able to peruse all of your Source Libraries as well as the CALM Target Library without using the Calibre GUI at all. The Calibre GUI would then be available to use to actually change metadata or delete or move books around your Calibre ecosystem while simultaneously perusing all of your Libraries in CalibreSpy.

CalibreSpy is Read-Only. Always.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calm_target_library_used_in_calibrespy.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	731.8 KB
ID:	184166  
Old 12-22-2020, 06:49 PM   #260
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
CALM does nothing to anything without you telling it to.

If you Activated those columns prior to Generation, then it was mapped into the Target Library.

Real question: what did You do with the Activations?

The Tab for the Activation of custom columns has buttons to list every column and what it was mapped to.

Read the mappings to answer your question.
Honestly, since there were so many columns I just activated all of them but the composite. I have trouble with the selecting each column because there are so many in the different libraries that I end up missing or marking them wrong. I just (in my error) assumed that the columns would generate as is, I knew that CALM matched genres, but I didn't realize that it would for booksource. I went in and changed their names, but it was my mistake for just going through quickly. Honestly, I had never gotten that far and was just ready to get to it. I had spend many hours trying to get all my columms exact and to get the plugin to work. BTW, that fix you put out worked great.

I will start over and really pay attention this time

Last edited by Rellwood; 12-22-2020 at 06:53 PM.
Advert
Old 12-22-2020, 07:43 PM   #261
Rellwood

Also, I never knew Calibre Spy had a drop down context menu. I hardly use it because I always end up just using it to see if I have a book in a library and not necessarily for anything else, and then I often just use my file manager program because it's quicker and searches all the libraries at once. Apparently, I was mistaken and there is a lot more to it than just that.

I also had in mind just keeping the Calm library as a way of seeing all the books and their locations like you suggested.

THanks for that picture so I could see.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:55 PM   #262
Rellwood

Hi, I am surprised I am the last person to post. Anyhow I was able to standardize my library (turns out that some of my column names were excluded because they are Calibre names like "date_added"), I was able to merge my libaries with no problem, but the question I have is where is the "sync" button. I thought I would be able to make changes on any column even if it were an individual book and then send that change to the source book.

If I am seeing it correctly, I can only do the metadata rules and changes that effect all the books at once and not one book at a time. I was hoping to update date columns and other columns that aren't tags. Also, not doing every book in the library at the same time. I thought there was a sync button that you can sync whatever changes you made and not the whole library. Am I doing this wrong>
Old 06-09-2021, 09:23 PM   #263
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Hi, I am surprised I am the last person to post.
DaltonST has not been active on MobileRead in over four months.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 08:12 PM   #264
Rellwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
DaltonST has not been active on MobileRead in over four months.
I hope they're ok, I didn't realize they'd been gone for so long.
Old 01-30-2022, 01:16 PM   #265
DaltonST
Deviser

Qt6 Test Version for Calibre 5.99.4+

Qt6 Test Version for Calibre 5.99.4+

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 07-11-2022 at 05:14 PM. Reason: New CALM version for testing with Calibre 5.99.4+
Old 05-13-2022, 04:36 AM   #266
TheRealRalf
TheRealRalf began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
derive meta data from other field or filename?

Hi Overthere,
I'm relatively new to Calibre and have a lot of older pdfs where metadata is defined badly.

Can I use the plugin in to e.g. set the Publisher from textstrings in another meta-field or the filename?

If not does anybody know of a way to achieve this?

Thx a lot in advance
Ralf
TheRealRalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:44 AM   #267
DaltonST
Deviser

Standard Calibre's Edit Metadata > Search & Replace

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealRalf View Post
Hi Overthere,
Can I use the plugin in to e.g. set the Publisher from textstrings in another meta-field or the filename?

CALM is absolutely not the plugin for you to use.

Standard Calibre's Edit Metadata > Search & Replace is your tool of choice.

Adding a substring of the original source .pdf filename as a particular column's value requires using the Plugin for that purpose, called Get Filename at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...75&postcount=1. Afterwards, use Search & Replace.

If you have installed CALM already, simply uninstall it.

DaltonST
Old 07-11-2022, 12:07 AM   #268
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.0.42

Version 2.0.42 -2022-04-13 Qt6 Compatibility; Minimum Calibre Version now 6.0.0 (5.99.8+)
Old 07-24-2022, 04:02 AM   #269
Arzbro
Arzbro began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello,
With calibre 6.1 (Win 11), when I try to select parent directory for the target, I have this message :
calibre, version 6.1.0
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>AttributeError</b>:type object 'QFileDialog' has no attribute 'ShowDirsOnly'

calibre 6.1 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22000-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22000')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22000', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: fr
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 42)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata. calm_dialog", line 4381, in choose_calm_target_parent_directory_filedialog
AttributeError: type object 'QFileDialog' has no attribute 'ShowDirsOnly'
Arzbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 09:28 AM   #270
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.0.43 Qt6 Compatibility

Version 2.0.43 -2022-07-24 Qt6 Compatibility.

Tags
calibredb, consolidate, genre, tags