Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-08-2021, 06:20 PM   #3226
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
I've never been able to log into my Wallabag server. The server settings in KOReader are the same ones I've been using to access the Wallabag page in a browser window on my computer or in my phone app. I'm running my own Wallabag instance on my web server. Could that be a factor?

The toast messages I get are "Could not login to Wallabag server." and "Communication with server failed."
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:30 PM   #3227
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm not sure why that one doesn't include the error code.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader.../main.lua#L591

You could try quickly replacing that line with this so we know what the server's saying:
[code] text = "Response code: "..code, })

Given your other message, it'll probably be something like 401 unauthorized though.

Could you double check the wallabag settings in a text editor on your PC? That's in /mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/settings/wallabag.lua.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2021, 07:14 PM   #3228
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I'm not sure why that one doesn't include the error code.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader.../main.lua#L591

You could try quickly replacing that line with this so we know what the server's saying:
[code] text = "Response code: "..code, })

Given your other message, it'll probably be something like 401 unauthorized though.

Could you double check the wallabag settings in a text editor on your PC? That's in /mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/settings/wallabag.lua.
The wallabag.lua settings are as they should be. Interestingly, there's a URL in the download queue representing the most recent page I saved to Wallabag a few days ago. So there's some sort of connection being made. I don't think I've ever seen anything in the download queue there before.

EDIT: I had a typo related to copying and pasting the code you provided into main.lua. I fixed it in the KOReader editor and now Wallabag is still present in the menu. But I get the same error messages I was getting to begin with. I'm not getting the toast that I'd have anticipated with

Code:
text = "Response code: "..code, })

Last edited by mirage; 01-09-2021 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:45 PM   #3229
mirage
Zealot

I got this working for reasons I don't really understand.

Since the code in main.lua that was displaying the two error message toasts I was getting were in lines 390 and 603, I commented the original code out of those lines and replaced it with your suggested

Code:
text = "Response code: "..code, })
Then, when I asked the Wallabag plugin to download articles, it did. Strange since I was only editing the messages that would pop up in the events triggered for those two lines, not the processing of the events themselves. But now, for the first time, I have 30 articles in my /Wallabag directory.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:42 PM   #3230
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
There must've been a communication issue then. Did you try something else like Wikipedia at the time?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2021, 05:23 PM   #3231
mirage
Zealot

I don't remember if, in the past, I've tried other online connections after Wallabag had failed. But I have successfully connected to sources like Wikipedia before while I'd never succeeded in connecting to Wallabag after at least 25-30 tries over the last 6 months or so.

Works now, though. I'll see if it keeps working after the next update of KOReader overwrites my edits to main.lua. Right now, I'm on the current nightly. I'll update in the next couple of days and will see what happens.
Old 01-29-2021, 01:43 AM   #3232
jberd
Enthusiast
jberd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o
Dictionary font

What controls the dictionary font?
I played around with frontend/ui/font.lua to use more serif fonts,
and the dictionary popup was using serif fonts. Then I downloaded
the gcide dictionary, and that pops up with a sans-serif font (while
the other dictionary still uses serif). I poked around looking for
something to control the font, with no luck. (The gcide dictionary
uses some html-style markup while my older dictionary doesn't, but
I didn't find any font directives in gcide.)
Is there a way to have the dictionaries all use a serif font?

Thanks, Jay
jberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 05:24 AM   #3233
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberd View Post
What controls the dictionary font?
I played around with frontend/ui/font.lua to use more serif fonts,
and the dictionary popup was using serif fonts. Then I downloaded
the gcide dictionary, and that pops up with a sans-serif font (while
the other dictionary still uses serif). I poked around looking for
something to control the font, with no luck. (The gcide dictionary
uses some html-style markup while my older dictionary doesn't, but
I didn't find any font directives in gcide.)
Is there a way to have the dictionaries all use a serif font?

Thanks, Jay
It's the "font size" setting under "Dictionary settings". Some dicts can have different font faces in their css, and that can make them look bigger or smaller.

Default css code is in https://github.com/koreader/koreader....lua#L739-L754
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-01-29_11-18.png
Views:	148
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	185074  

Last edited by pazos; 01-29-2021 at 05:27 AM.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:25 PM   #3234
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I'm loving the autoturn function, just brilliant! Is there a way to assign a screen tap to pause it? Currently, if I tap the screen, it advances a page, and I have to long press to bring up a menu (any menu) to pause the autoturn. Being able to tap the screen to pause would be very handy.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:58 PM   #3235
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I don't *think* it's currently wired into Dispatcher/Gestures, so that would probably make a great FR on GitHub .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 07:00 PM   #3236
jberd
Enthusiast
jberd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Fantastic; thanks!

I hadn't updated Koreader for a while, since it seemed to do everything already, but now it seems to do more! For example, I don't think it would download dictionaries before, but now it will (that's how I came across the gcide font puzzle).

Amazing program.
jberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 05:57 AM   #3237
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberd View Post
I don't think it would download dictionaries before, but now it will
Where do I find this functionality?
Old 01-30-2021, 06:26 AM   #3238
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

I have not installed a dictionary on a KOReader, and want to make sure I have this right. Do I copy all the files shown in the attached screenshot into the adds\koreader\data\dict\ directory? And after that, do I simply restart KOReader?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dictinstall.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	185090  
Old 01-30-2021, 09:10 AM   #3239
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I have not installed a dictionary on a KOReader, and want to make sure I have this right. Do I copy all the files shown in the attached screenshot into the adds\koreader\data\dict\ directory? And after that, do I simply restart KOReader?
Turn on WiFi and use the dictionary download. It's under the magnifying glass icon in Dictionary settings.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 12:45 PM   #3240
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Each dictionary in a dedicated folder in there would be better to keep things tidy, but, essentially, yes.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote