Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #1
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Save Reading Preferences

Is there a way to save my reading preferences so that I don't have to change them every time I open a new book?

I'm thinking of things like font, hyphenation, alignment, line spacing.

I'm using Koreader v2020.10.1 on a Kobo Clara HD in case that's relevant.

Thanks
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:24 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
Is there a way to save my reading preferences so that I don't have to change them every time I open a new book?

I'm thinking of things like font, hyphenation, alignment, line spacing.

I'm using Koreader v2020.10.1 on a Kobo Clara HD in case that's relevant.

Thanks
A long press in *almost* any option will prompt you with a confirm box to set it as default.

Use with care, specially with style tweaks, as any default setting will be applied to each new book you open.

For books already opened the new defaults won't apply. You'll need to do it manually, like you're doing now on each book.

I, personally, set a few tweaks as default because I want all my books to be rendered with that particular css. In the same vein I setup a fallback font and "minimum" page margins.

TL;DR: If you value "publisher defaults" then it is better to stick with a few overrides and apply the rest per book if needed. If you want all books to look the same then you're free to set all the defaults you want and disable embedded book styles & fonts on bottom menu -> gear icon.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:32 PM   #3
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Thanks - I didn't know about the long press thing.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote