Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-03-2021, 09:55 PM   #1
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: likebook mars
#LikebookMars - V3.1.1 (2021081711) New FW local memory update released🎯🎯🎯

start quote>>>>"
Boyue Likebook
Yesterday at 12:00 AM ·
#LikebookMars - V3.1.1 (2021081711) New FW local memory update released������
✅✅✅Updated package download:
�� P.S.�� Please download it first, change the file name to "update", copy the ZIP package to your Mars (no for another model), update FW from local memory.
������Optimized Contents:
1. Fix the problem of inaccurate selection for words;
2. Fix the crash issue of some books in zip format;
3. Fix the problem of overlapping texts in some books;
4. Fix the problem that the footnote position of some fb2 books is displayed incorrectly and cannot be jumped;
5. Fix the problem that the cover of some books in zip format is not displayed;
6. Fix the problem that some Bluetooth keyboards will be disconnected after being connected;
7. Fix the problem that the floating ball icon is still displayed after the screen is locked
8. Fix the problem that the first word on each page of English books cannot be completely selected;
9. Fix the problem that some third-party applications cannot log in;
10. Fix the problem of wrong typesetting direction for some Arabic books in docx format;
11. Fix the problem that some fonts will have streaks when display in the night mode;
12. Optimize the underlining mechanism for continue underlining in the same page;
������New Functions:
1. Support ttc format font;
2. Support Bluetooth page turner that using direction buttons;
3. Add zip, rar, azw more formats for Wifi uploading;
#update #android #ereader #t80d #FW #likebookmars #reading
">>>end quote.
please go to <https://www.facebook.com/BoyueLikebook/posts/3118005135096733>
for official Boyue Likebook Mars upgrade notice and "update.zip" download link.

Last edited by raygj; 09-03-2021 at 10:17 PM.
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 01:45 AM   #2
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
It's really strange because someone in Reddit said Boyue has closed
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 05:19 AM   #3
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
I find it interesting that Likebook products have become more expensive.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 07:20 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's weird that they do product support on totally toxic Facebook instead of their own website.

So far I've had OTA upgrades and no issues with my Mars. I only use the built in reader for PDFs and use KOreader for DRM free ebooks.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 08:15 AM   #5
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
It's weird that they do product support on totally toxic Facebook instead of their own website.

So far I've had OTA upgrades and no issues with my Mars. I only use the built in reader for PDFs and use KOreader for DRM free ebooks.
I think that Facebook has the largest number of potential buying customers.
A lot of these people live their lives logged on to Facebook
and therefore they do all their searches inside Facebook using the Facebook search box function.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:13 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygj View Post
I think that Facebook has the largest number of potential buying customers.
A lot of these people live their lives logged on to Facebook
and therefore they do all their searches inside Facebook using the Facebook search box function.
That's garbage.
Old 09-04-2021, 03:03 PM   #7
raygj
Connoisseur

Quote:
That's garbage.
I am very sorry, if I offended you and your own internet usage habits ,,,
you are entitled to your own opinion.

I am ,in fact, really a actual Iikebook Mars/Facebook user!!
Facebook does actively promote their business users Facebook pages such as
for example https://www.facebook.com/BoyueLikebook/ to all their users.
So I am equally entitled to my own unbiased view or opinion.

Last edited by raygj; 09-04-2021 at 03:59 PM. Reason: us
Old 09-05-2021, 07:53 AM   #8
Jinz
Enthusiast
Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
Boyue support is a catastrophe of unprofessionalism. I want to update my Mars to Andoird 8 but can't because the flash tool is removed from mega, no help available.

They are too cheap to put up a simple website, or even check the english translation of their messages. All of this is reason enough to never recommend them to friends.
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 08:10 AM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

The facebook link is inaccessible unless you are a logged in Facebook resource (the Advertisers are the customer-users, regular people are the product). That method of support might even be illegal in the EU if there is no alternative.

However most product support today is either non-existent, only for a current product with a subscription or unprofessional.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:31 AM   #10
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The facebook link is inaccessible unless you are a logged in Facebook resource (the Advertisers are the customer-users, regular people are the product). That method of support might even be illegal in the EU if there is no alternative.

However most product support today is either non-existent, only for a current product with a subscription or unprofessional.
This works:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	189128  
Old 09-06-2021, 07:03 AM   #11
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
I contacted likebook@boyue.com on Saturday and got a response today.
A post on Reddit doesn't seem a safe source of information to me.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:05 AM   #12
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
This works:
I can't access it without a FB account, which I don't have. I've deleted Facebook & Linkedin after changing to temporary email address, verifying change, requesting deletion and then deletion of temporary email address.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:18 AM   #13
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
I can't access it without a FB account, which I don't have. I've deleted Facebook & Linkedin after changing to temporary email address, verifying change, requesting deletion and then deletion of temporary email address.
Then it must be different for you in Ireland than here in Austria - here you have the opportunity to see the article and follow the existing link.
Here is the Mars Update.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 09-06-2021 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-07-2021, 11:44 PM   #14
PPPP31
PPPP31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PPPP31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PPPP31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PPPP31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PPPP31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PPPP31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PPPP31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PPPP31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PPPP31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PPPP31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PPPP31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinz View Post
Boyue support is a catastrophe of unprofessionalism. I want to update my Mars to Andoird 8 but can't because the flash tool is removed from mega, no help available.

They are too cheap to put up a simple website, or even check the english translation of their messages. All of this is reason enough to never recommend them to friends.
I was in the same boat but I found the Github project and it can be downloaded here.

AndroidTool.exe is not specific to Boyue. It's a generic tool to load firmware for Android devices.
PPPP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 04:42 AM   #15
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinz View Post
Now, after almost a year after it was released, I find that pretty idiosyncratic.
Quote:
I am happy to recommend these devices, simply because they are excellent and hardly require any support - if you are willing to deal with Android.

Tags
new local update for mars