Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
cherryb
cherryb began at the beginning.

Device: ipod
calibre not recognizing ipod

My computer has recognized my ipod but when I try to send my ebook to it, it shows this

I don't understand why calibre isn't recognizing my ipod at all.
cherryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre can only send files to devices that expose themselves as USB disk drives - and the iPod does not.

If you are using Stanza on the iPod as the ebook reader then you can use the Calibre Web server and connect via WiFi to pull books from calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
cherryb

yea, i have stanza on my ipod, so how can i use the calibre web server to connect and pull books from it?

Last edited by cherryb; 03-07-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Info on sending books from Calibre to iPod Touch or iPhone using Stanza is in the manual:

http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...with-my-iphone

Books must be converted to ePub before Stanza will see them.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
cherryb

ok I got it, thanks.
Advert