Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-22-2006, 05:33 AM   #16
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
As a small point.

Having re-read the documentation that was posted up here (as all mine is on the iLiad) I note that iRex doesn't appear to provide any form of guarantee.

I do hope they arn't going to say "Your problem"

I know in the UK we have a law that says if a product isn't fit for sale the purchaser has the right to have it replaced. But I'm unsure if that rule applies to the EU as a whole (And I think bricking after 3 days counts as unfit for sale).
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:50 AM   #17
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
I think they don't offer warranty on the software ('cause it's beta), but they have said that the hardware is final, and therefore it should be good for guarantee purposes.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2006, 06:11 AM   #18
Drops
Connoisseur
Drops began at the beginning.

Warranty

Dear Customer,

Thank you for purchasing this iRex product which has been designed and manufactured to the highest quality standards.
If, unfortunately, something should go wrong with this product, iRex guarantees free of charge labour and replacement parts irrespective of the country where it is repaired during a period of 12 months from date of purchase. This international iRex guarantee complements the existing national guarantee obligations to you of retailers and iRex in the country of purchase and does not affect your statutory rights as a customer.

The iRex guarantee is provided to the original end user purchasing from iRex or an authorized reseller, and is not transferable. The iRex guarantee applies provided the product is handled properly for its intended use, in accordance with its operating instructions and upon presentation of the original invoice or cash receipt, indicating the date of purchase, retailer�s name and model and production number of the product. iRex is not responsible for any failure or defect caused to/by any third party product or component, whether authorized or not.

The iRex guarantee is void if iRex determines that:

* The documents have been altered in any way or made illegible;
* The model or production number on the product has been altered, deleted, removed or made illegible;
* Repairs or product modifications and alterations have been executed by unauthorized service organisations or persons;
* Damage is caused by accidents including but not limited to lightning, water or fire, misuse or neglect.

Please note that the product is not defective under this guarantee in the case where modifications become necessary in order for the product to comply with local or national technical standards which apply in countries for which the product was not originally designed and/or manufactured. Therefore, always check whether a product can be used in a specific country.

In case your iRex product is not working correctly or is defective, please contact your iRex Call Center in your region. Please check our website (www.iRexTechnologies.com) for the contact details of the Call Center in your region.
Drops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #19
ath
Addict
ath doesn't litterath doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony PRS-505, Kindle Paperwhite & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drops
* Damage is caused by accidents including but not limited to lightning, water or fire, misuse or neglect.
You haven't been neglecting it accidentally, have you? Deliberate neglect is clearly not cause for voiding the warranty ...
ath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:15 PM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope iRex resolves the problem without hesitation.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #21
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
There is really no way of hard-resetting it by removing the battery?
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:54 PM   #22
Paethon
Paethon began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
I heard that 10% of failing devices is a usual amount in early production of electronic devices. So it isn't really surprising that a few would get broken when allready about 500 orders got shipped.
Paethon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:21 AM   #23
Drops
Connoisseur
Drops began at the beginning.

Warranty time

I am really wondering why the warranty period is 12 months. As far as I know, the european law says you have to use 24 months warranty period for electronic devices.
Drops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:04 AM   #24
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drops
I am really wondering why the warranty period is 12 months. As far as I know, the european law says you have to use 24 months warranty period for electronic devices.
Thats for the international guarantee.

Quote:
This international iRex guarantee complements the existing national guarantee obligations to you of retailers and iRex in the country of purchase and does not affect your statutory rights as a customer.
So i would say, the european 24 month of warranty still apply.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:30 AM   #25
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

This is why I hate it when companies don't have user replaceable batteries. If it were not for the uniqueness of the Iliad I would have skipped over it for this reason alone.

Most times when gadgets seem to brick, at least in my experience, removing the battery and keeping it out for a period of time and then placing it back in almost always cures the problem. Even if it is a proprietary type battery, wouldn't be in Irex's best interest to have easy access to them so their users could fix the problems without having to send the whole thing back? Hell, they could even sell spare batteries.

Riocaz, I suppose while you wait for Irex to take care of the problem, you could leave it unplugged and wait for the battery to completely drain before plugging it back in for another shot. That could take a while and hopefully Irex would have a solution before then.

Last edited by pitcher23; 07-23-2006 at 11:32 AM.
pitcher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:46 AM   #26
herve
Enthusiast
herve began at the beginning.

Device: TungstenC / hopefully iLi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchfork
After you charged it? Mine went dead the other day also showing half power. My friends daughter was using at the time and started crying thinking she bricked it. I put it on charge and tried using it. Nothing happened. I did not realise that the device had swiched itself off as the screen was still displaying. After a bit of thought I switched it on and it was ok again.
Something similar happened to me, but I was trying to show off my Iliad at the time. Quite impressive a demonstration, indeed!
herve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:13 AM   #27
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Your iLiad has bricked itself too? or did yours start up again?
Old 07-24-2006, 06:22 AM   #28
Riocaz

Right, just got off the phone with iRex Support.

They suggested that I charge it (Which I pointed out I already have).
Reset it (which again I pointed out I have tried several times)
Turn the power on (yes seriously)

They then said they would escalate it to an engineer. But to do this they need the mac address.

They are opening me a ticket (the email for which hasn't arrived yet) and I will send that mac address on this evening.

I have a minor niggle, that, IMO, my order number should be enough. But thats minor I guess.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:29 AM   #29
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
I think your name should be enough, when I phone my telephone/tv/internet comp., I don't have to give them mac addresses for the modem or anything.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:33 AM   #30
LittleTalker
Connoisseur
LittleTalker began at the beginning.

We are not only beta testing the hardware and software. We are also the webshop beta, the shipping beta and the support beta testers. So I'm afraid you need to build up patience for this
LittleTalker is offline   Reply With Quote