Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-11-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Sony's new chapter in digital reading: October 2nd

The new Sony : the old one with wifi on top, or an e-reading revolution ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	5547.jpg
Views:	1894
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	16201

The answer in New York on the 2 October...

http://www.actualitte.com/actualite/...e-New-York.htm
(article in french)

Very mysterious indeed ! So what do you think ?

The speculation has already begun over here.

Thanks to Bellonius for spotting the french article !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Oh that's wonderful... yesterday my Sony Reader cracked when someone comfortably leaned on it with one of his knees (I had to watch in painful slow motion).

Now, my parents are going to be in New York City next week, and I was going to ask them to fetch me a new Reader at the Sony Style store. What am I going to do now? Cancel the purchase and wait for what October 2nd will bring? GRRRR.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oh, believe me, i know how you feel !!! i have been trying to narrow down my choices for an e-ink liseuse and i had crossed sony off my list... since epub it's back on my list, and now with this mystery announcement.... arg !!!

i'm so sorry to hear about your sony's demise though !
Old 09-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Why did you start a new thread? This was already under discussion.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28964
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:26 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel

sorry nate ! momentary lapse of intelligence. i saw the article linked by bellonius and didn't remember seeing the other one and got a bit too excited. i promise to check more carefully the next time. should i delete this thread ?

(edit : but don't you think the piccy is cool enough to go on the front page though ? )
Advert
Old 09-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The title of this one is more informative than that on the original thread.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Nah, don't delete it. I'd just add a quick link to the ongoing discussion in your first post.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The title of this one is more informative than that on the original thread.
This is true.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Nah, don't delete it. I'd just add a quick link to the ongoing discussion in your first post.
ok ! thanks. (and sorry again ! got too excited. )

edit : done.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #10
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Pardone. My French seems just a touch off today. As I read that article at Actual (Kitty?) Litter, I think I read something about bad (even putrid) reserves and ovations for the lives of lecturers. Could I please get a ruling on that (or maybe a brief paraphrasing of the article)?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Pardone. My French seems just a touch off today. As I read that article at Actual (Kitty?) Litter, I think I read something about bad (even putrid) reserves and ovations for the lives of lecturers. Could I please get a ruling on that (or maybe a brief paraphrasing of the article)?
"The american press is calling it this fall's suprise event, and Sony is announcing the beginning of a new chapter in digital reading, but nobody knows exactly what it's all about.

So, speculations are flying and the first one that comes to mind is the presentation of a new model, based on the WiFi features of the kindle. But perhaps the Japanese company has even more in store...

A new generation liseuse can't be excluded either, which would revolutionize the whole e-book world.

In any case, one thing seems certain : Sony has decided not to leave the domain of books and reading to Amazon. With only a few weeks before Christmas will be in the air, who can guess what Sony is saving for us ? Find out in New York, the 2 october."
Old 09-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #12
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Thanks, Queen Zee, but are you sure? No putrid reserves and ovations? Okay. Man, I coulda sworn....
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #13
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Yeah, and what is a liseuse? Someone who massages your tongue during a mouth wash?

:P
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Thanks, Queen Zee, but are you sure? No putrid reserves and ovations? Okay. Man, I coulda sworn....
hm, now that you mention it, i'm starting to doubt... let me check again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Yeah, and what is a liseuse? Someone who massages your tongue during a mouth wash?

:P
Old 09-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #15
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
I really am wondering what they can pull off. A 505 with wifi will be very underwelming. I'd love to be blown away so i can give my 505 to my Deirdre and have a new reader for the holydays, just cant see what they can introduce that will do this. Here's hoping
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony