Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-17-2016, 02:50 PM   #61
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Full-Text Search of Books with TXT Formats using Regular Expressions

Version 1.0.45 - 17 February 2016 New: Full-Text Search of Books with TXT Formats using Regular Expressions.

Considers the text of TXT formats as a 'virtual column', so performs 'full-text' searches of that text. The other 'standard' MCS options, 'Final Filters' and 'All Authors' Books', are also available.

See the attached image.

Daltonst
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mcs_txt_format_full_text_search_tab.JPG
Views:	457
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	146434  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 12:44 PM   #62
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New: Queries Using a 'Word-Book Index' Within Calibre

Version 1.0.50 - 01 March 2016 New: Word Queries using a book-word index; Revised User Instructions.

The ToolTips of the 'Word Queries' Tab within MCS provide extensive detail about the use of each widget. To read the ToolTips, it must of course be installed.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mcs_word_book_index_queries_tab.JPG
Views:	447
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	146809  
Advert
Old 03-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #63
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I've just installed the newest edition, but I can't get it to run.

I keep getting the following error:

Code:
calibre, version 2.52.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>SQLError</b>:SQLError: no such table: _mcs_word_book_index

calibre 2.52 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: User Category && Modify ePub && Find Duplicates && Reading List && Generate Cover && FanFicFare && MultiColumnSearch && Count Pages
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui", line 313, in search_request_dialog
  File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.mcs_search_dialog", line 154, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.mcs_search_dialog", line 4954, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.mcs_search_dialog", line 5225, in count_records_in_index
  File "c:\cygwin64\home\kovid\sw\build\apsw-3.8.2-r1\src\cursor.c", line 990, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare
  File "c:\cygwin64\home\kovid\sw\build\apsw-3.8.2-r1\src\statementcache.c", line 386, in sqlite3_prepare
SQLError: SQLError: no such table: _mcs_word_book_index
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:35 AM   #64
DaltonST
Deviser

Got it. I'll upload the fix shortly, but in the meantime it likely is a timing issue. The table will automatically be created, so try restarting Calibre and then clicking the icon. Regardless, I will upload a new version soon.

DaltonST
Old 03-02-2016, 08:36 AM   #65
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I'll just wait for a fix Thanks for the quick reply
Advert
Old 03-02-2016, 08:57 AM   #66
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.51 Released

Version 1.0.51 - 02 March 2016 Technical changes when switching among libraries to ensure the Word-Book Index gets created in the 'new' library.

DaltonST
Old 03-02-2016, 11:04 AM   #67
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I've downloaded the guide, but I'm not sure I understand how to get the plugin to show me the columns where the metadata is not the same.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #68
DaltonST
Deviser

ToolTips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I've downloaded the guide, but I'm not sure I understand how to get the plugin to show me the columns where the metadata is not the same.

Thanks
@Tanjamuse:

Could you be more specific about what type of query you want?

If you hover your mouse over the various widgets and places in MCS, the ToolTips will appear and explain what you can do.

DaltonST
Old 03-02-2016, 11:19 AM   #69
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I would like to compare the original authors column in calibre with one I've created myself and see which stories they are different in.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:26 AM   #70
DaltonST
Deviser

Simple 'intra-book' query

Quote:
I would like to compare the original authors column in calibre with one I've created myself and see which stories they are different in.
@Tanjamuse:

Easy. Sounds like a simple 'intra-book' query using the very first Tab. See the attachment.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mcs_simple_intra_book_query.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	146833  
Old 03-02-2016, 11:38 AM   #71
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Nothing happens. In the bottom of Calibre it writes:

Quote:
MCS cannot use the path you selected the place where my library is/metadata.db - CantOpenError:unable to open database file
I've tried to make it the same as the screenshot you posted.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:45 AM   #72
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Nothing happens. In the bottom of Calibre it writes: I've tried to make it the same as the screenshot you posted.
@Tanjamuse:

You clicked "Execute Search [All Books]" ?

DaltonST
Old 03-02-2016, 11:55 AM   #73
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Yes, but I've been having trouble with that database before.

I've tried with another library and it works.

Thank you for the help.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:36 AM   #74
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I've just discovered something. All the libraries that are on my external harddrive doesn't work with MCS.

It just gives me the same error as I've posted in #71.

Quote:
MCS cannot use the path you selected the place where my library is/metadata.db - CantOpenError:unable to open database file
Old 03-06-2016, 11:13 AM   #75
DaltonST
Deviser

Environment Variables for Temporary Files

@Tanjamuse:

Implement the suggestions in the Original Post regarding environment variables for temporary file directories.

DaltonST

Tags
columns, search