Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
DoubleDroz
DoubleDroz began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Question Different file types to different folders on device

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to send the different file types I have such as .mobi and .epub to different folders on my android device.

I know I can do this manually with the "Connect to folder" option, but I was wondering if I could just select a file, click "send to device" and not have to worry about if I'm sending epubs to the kindle app.

I've got different apps for different file types - pdfs, epubs and mobi - and that is why i'd like to send them - uncoverted - to the correct folders.

Cheers,
Droz
DoubleDroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:05 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
This is not a capability supported by Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2012, 04:16 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Actually you can probably make it happen by defining a custom column that shows the books formats and then using the value of that column in the send to device template.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:23 AM   #4
DoubleDroz
DoubleDroz began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Thanks for the responses guys!

I'll give it a shot a little later when I have time to tinker...
DoubleDroz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, epubs, folders, pdfs