Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-18-2021, 08:23 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Smile The Elipsa has shipped

I just received shipment notification from Kobo. This is a nice surprise!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:26 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
...and Elvis has left the building...

Presumably to get his own copy.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2021, 09:30 PM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
...and Elvis has left the building...

Presumably to get his own copy.

I thought those who ordered might find the info helpful.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:47 PM   #4
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Very exciting! Can’t wait to read everyone's first impressions!
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 05:28 AM   #5
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
The Elipsa has shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post

No such luck for me yet. Did you purchase before or after they initially sold out? This is something I verified with Kobo. They did initially sell out, then started taking orders again. I ordered after the sell out.

Update: I’m referring to the US site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Cootey; 06-19-2021 at 04:55 PM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2021, 07:20 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
I thought those who ordered might find the info helpful.
Yes, of course. You must have missed this:

Plus, your Subject Header screamed a response.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:17 AM   #7
ral67
Enthusiast
ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Without saying which country this quite useless
ral67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:01 AM   #8
Skydog
Wizard

@Cootey: Ordered first week, possibly post-sellout (??)

@ral67: Destination U.S. Still useless info.
Old 06-19-2021, 11:04 AM   #9
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Looks like Chapters Indigo is late as usual.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:26 AM   #10
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
Looks like Chapters Indigo is late as usual.
Perhaps destinations with longer transit times are shipping first. (?) As Kobo's site states "Available June 24th," I expected that to be the ship date.
Old 06-19-2021, 04:58 PM   #11
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Perhaps destinations with longer transit times are shipping first. (?) As Kobo's site states "Available June 24th," I expected that to be the ship date.

I expected that as well. If it was going to be delivered by the 24th, Kobo Canada would have had to ship it two weeks ago. That’s usually how long their shipments take to get to me in Utah. I suspect the NY shipping center packs Kobo items onto ponies and sends them on their way.

Old 06-19-2021, 05:45 PM   #12
ciuvak
ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Canadian order here. Used to have a cancel order option on the order status page, but the option is gone now. Maybe a sign that the package is ready for shipping, so it's too late to cancel.
ciuvak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:37 PM   #13
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
I expected that as well. If it was going to be delivered by the 24th, Kobo Canada would have had to ship it two weeks ago. That’s usually how long their shipments take to get to me in Utah. I suspect the NY shipping center packs Kobo items onto ponies and sends them on their way.

Past experience for me has been about 5-7 business days if there isn't a delay at customs.
Old 06-20-2021, 06:24 PM   #14
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Quote:
Past experience for me has been about 5-7 business days if there isn't a delay at customs.

Maybe returns are slower. At any rate, my website status is still saying "processed" and not "On its way to you, baby!"

I await a status update with bated breath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-21-2021, 05:34 PM   #15
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

The Elipsa has shipped

My order status went from "Processed" yesterday to "Delivered"! But it's not outside. <snip>

I got confused by the bad mobile website design. It should read “Shipped” with “Delivered” still hidden. Yes, I realize that the red words indicate completed status, but the layout is off. At any rate, I’m glad I was mistaken.

Last edited by Cootey; 06-21-2021 at 06:02 PM.