Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-17-2021, 01:42 PM   #76
MegDreamsofBooks
MegDreamsofBooks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for iPad
Woohoo, I hope that price listed for the Kindle Paperwhite is correct! That’s the only thing on my wish list, and I have a couple extra discounts to stack which will make a very nice price.
MegDreamsofBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:58 PM   #77
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegDreamsofBooks View Post
Woohoo, I hope that price listed for the Kindle Paperwhite is correct! That’s the only thing on my wish list, and I have a couple extra discounts to stack which will make a very nice price.
Welcome to the board

Two things: 1) the Kindles are no longer on sale and 2) you had to buy two Kindles to get those prices.

Look to see them go on sale once again on Prime Day next Monday. Hopefully, the sale prices will be just as good or lower than last year's PD prices (Oasis=$175 / Paperwhite=$80 / Basic=$60).

Something else to keep in mind is the age of the current Kindles. The Paperwhite is 3 years old and the Oasis and Basic are both 2 years old. It's time for Amazon to release new models. When is anyone's guess, but I suspect it'll be sometime soon.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:32 PM   #78
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I don't think that link was intended to be a landing page for everyone and that might be part of the issue there. When I qualified for the deal I was sent an email specifically about it that went to the equivalent of this page with a different URL.
After searching my inbox, I see that Amazon did send me a similar e-mail with a different URL as well on June 12th. I found the other URL on a deal site, and discovered I had the credit that way, but that definitely supports the idea the URL wasn't meant to be a generic landing page. I'm glad it worked enough like one for me to not miss out on the credit though!

I had placed an order on June 11th for a mini-vacuum cleaner. Since the order before that was on June 5th, it was probably the vacuum that earned the credit. I don't see anything on the page about it qualifying, even when I try loading it in a private tab so that I'm not logged in. The promo to earn the $10 credit lasts through June 20th, so it should be there.

Unrelated, that little vacuum worked better than I'd hoped. If you need something like that, it's worth the price.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:58 PM   #79
MegDreamsofBooks
MegDreamsofBooks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Welcome to the board

Two things: 1) the Kindles are no longer on sale and 2) you had to buy two Kindles to get those prices.

Look to see them go on sale once again on Prime Day next Monday. Hopefully, the sale prices will be just as good or lower than last year's PD prices (Oasis=$175 / Paperwhite=$80 / Basic=$60).

Something else to keep in mind is the age of the current Kindles. The Paperwhite is 3 years old and the Oasis and Basic are both 2 years old. It's time for Amazon to release new models. When is anyone's guess, but I suspect it'll be sometime soon.
Yes, expected price on Prime day is what I meant. $80 for the Paperwhite plus my extra discounts will be just fine with me. For my use, the current Paperwhite is fine, what I’m really missing is a 10-inch Kindle like the DX. Still debating looking at some alternate brand options for that.

I’m actually not new here, used to be here years ago and just back under a new username because I lost the old one.
MegDreamsofBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:21 AM   #80
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
I'm kind of surprised that there aren't more larger-size e-ink readers out there, as prices on e-ink displays seems to have dropped considerably. I've seen small ones used as animated ads on store shelves, and saw a display at Wal-mart today that had a roughly 5" square of it advertising the product. It'll end up thrown away once all the product sells, so it has to be cheap.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:55 AM   #81
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
The All-new Echo Buds (2nd Gen) Wireless earbuds with active noise cancellation and Alexa, listed back in post #62 of this thread, might be a pretty good deal for someone who is invested in the Alexa ecosystem. I noticed they not only have them discounted to $80 ($40 discount, 1/3 off), but for qualified Prime Members they also offer the 5 monthly payment plan of $16/mo. I'm really not sure how they determine who gets the 5 monthly payment option for any particular item, but I've bought several items with it over the past few years. Most items that get this offer seem to be either Amazon's own products or items which are both sold and shipped from Amazon. (Earlier this year I bought a Sony Bravia TV with the 5 month plan.) But they don't offer it for all that many items, as far as I can tell.

I looked at several Youtube reviews last night and these seem to be fairly good, especially at that price point, depending on which ecosystem you are most invested in. I'm thinking about it, but not sure. Just beware that the 5 monthly payment plan can pop in and out of offer on items, and you never know when, or if, they will offer it to you until they do.

ETA: The Echo Buds 2nd gen apparently are not capable of using Dolby Atmos. They are still a good deal at the $80 price point, IMO.

Last edited by OtinG; 06-18-2021 at 07:04 PM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:44 PM   #82
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegDreamsofBooks View Post
Yes, expected price on Prime day is what I meant. $80 for the Paperwhite plus my extra discounts will be just fine with me. For my use, the current Paperwhite is fine, what I’m really missing is a 10-inch Kindle like the DX. Still debating looking at some alternate brand options for that.

I’m actually not new here, used to be here years ago and just back under a new username because I lost the old one.
The PW4 is terrible. I don't know what Amazon did, but it's not good. The display has less contrast and is not as clear as the PW3.

If you want a 10.3" Reader,you can pre-order the Kobo Elipsa from Kobo with 10% off using the code PERKOPOLIS.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:48 AM   #83
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Kindle Kids Edition, a Kindle designed for kids, with parental controls - Blue Cover

Only $64.99 when you order with Alexa. Just say, “Alexa, order a Blue Kids Kindle.“

That's a fantastic deal! Comes with 2 year warranty and a cover. The screen is just as good as that of the PW.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:55 AM   #84
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon Kindle
Old 06-19-2021, 10:39 AM   #85
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle Unlimited is on sale again. I just added another 2 years for $143. They have 6 month, 1 year and 2 year plans for the same prices they've offered in the past. Sorry no link to share.

ETA Links are already posted in the Audibooks section of the deals forum.

Last edited by booklover6; 06-19-2021 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-19-2021, 10:52 AM   #86
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Kindle Kids Edition, a Kindle designed for kids, with parental controls - Blue Cover

Only $64.99 when you order with Alexa. Just say, “Alexa, order a Blue Kids Kindle.“

That's a fantastic deal! Comes with 2 year warranty and a cover. The screen is just as good as that of the PW.
Which PW? PW3 or PW4? The PW3 has a better looking screen then the PW4.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:02 AM   #87
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Which PW? PW3 or PW4? The PW3 has a better looking screen then the PW4.
The PW4. I never had the PW3 so I can't compare. I like the screen on the PW4 better than my Voyage, though. Lots of people feel the opposite. I hardly ever use my Voyage.
Old 06-19-2021, 11:17 AM   #88
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:

It's $10 cheaper than last year.

Quote:
Kindle Unlimited is on sale again. I just added another 2 years for $143. They have 6 month, 1 year and 2 year plans for the same prices they've offered in the past. Sorry no link to share.

ETA Links are already posted in the Audibooks section of the deals forum.
I forgot to post it here. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-19-2021, 11:18 AM   #89
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Kindle Unlimited -- limited time

Subscription Plan -- YMMV
  • 2 Months -- $19.98 --> $4.99 (equiv to $2.50/mo)

Subscription Plans -- YMMV
  • 6 Months --- $59.94 ----> $47.86 (equiv to $7.98/mo)
  • 12 Months -- $119.88 --> $80.30 (equiv to $6.69/mo)
  • 24 Months -- $239.76 --> $143.80 (equiv to $5.99/mo)
Quote:
Kindle Unlimited is a service that allows you to read as much as you want, choosing from over 2 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and up to three select magazine subscriptions. Explore new authors, books, and genres from mysteries and romance to sci-fi and more. You can read on any device. It's available for $9.99 a month and you can cancel anytime. Try it free for 30 days.
Quote:
Renews at $9.99/month afterwards.

By signing up, you agree to the Kindle Unlimited Terms and authorize us to charge your default payment method or another payment method on file after any applicable free trial. Your Kindle Unlimited membership continues until canceled. If you do not wish to continue for $9.99/month + any taxes, you may cancel anytime at www.amazon.com/kucentral.
Terms and Conditions
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • Limited time offer. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.

• Does not apply to prior purchases. Offer is non-transferable, may not be resold, and may not be combined with other offers.

• Use of Kindle Unlimited is subject to the Kindle Unlimited Terms of Use.

• After the free trial or purchased period, you authorize us to charge your credit card on file or another available payment method $9.99 USD/month plus any applicable taxes until you cancel. You may cancel your subscription at any time by visiting www.amazon.com/kucentral and adjusting your settings.

• If you cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription during the purchased period, a refund will not be issued.

• If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KU.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	187758  
Old 06-19-2021, 11:28 AM   #90
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Fire TV