Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-19-2021, 10:04 AM   #1
Eufrasia
Eufrasia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How much can I do in Calibre?

Hello everyone, I would like to make an automatic counter column for some books in calibre. Can you help me?
Eufrasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:07 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eufrasia View Post
Hello everyone, I would like to make an automatic counter column for some books in calibre. Can you help me?
A couple of comments. This would have been better posted in the calibre forum and what do you want to count? Pages read? # of books by the author? # of books you have finished in the last 28 days?

And for the love of ghod, what made you decide that Comic Sans was the font to use?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:27 AM   #3
Eufrasia

I made a column titled "stockpile" and I would like to create another one that would take into account only those.
I like "comic sans" and I use it also in word
Old 06-20-2021, 12:54 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
I like "comic sans" and I use it also in word
You should be able to set your browser to show you everything in Comic Sans by default (instead of inflicting it on others)
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 01:49 AM   #5
Eufrasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
You should be able to set your browser to show you everything in Comic Sans by default (instead of inflicting it on others)
sorry, I didn't imagine it's so unbearable for you this font
Old 06-20-2021, 03:59 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can you please edit your post to get rid of that awful comic sans?

Anyone who likes comic sans doesn't deserve Calibre. Do you know you can side load comic sans on your Kindle (hopefully you have a new enough Kindle) and read using it there.

So what exactly is it that you want to do?

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-20-2021 at 04:02 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 05:25 AM   #7
jonesyb
Enthusiast
jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
I can respect someone who shamelessly, unironically likes comic-sans. This is someone who likes what they like without worrying about pleasing others. Keep on trucking, buddy.
jonesyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:32 AM   #8
Brett Merkey
Not Quite Dead
Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4; Galaxy Tab
Being "pretend outraged" by the sight of Comic Sans is a long-standing Internet meme. It is not supposed to be a real thing.

It should not be yet another excuse to bother someone asking a question in this forum.
Brett Merkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 07:33 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Merkey View Post
Being "pretend outraged" by the sight of Comic Sans is a long-standing Internet meme. It is not supposed to be a real thing.

It should not be yet another excuse to bother someone asking a question in this forum.
The real problem s the OP did not yet give enough details of what he wants to do for anyone to be able to give an answer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:25 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Eufrasia - if the #stockpile column appears in the Tag Browser (depends of column type), the number of books in that category is shown in the Tab Browser (left sidebar) - e.g. Stockpile 5.

If it's a yes/no column do a search for #stockpile:"Yes" and look at the status line.

If that doesn't help, then you need to give us more detail.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:53 PM   #11
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

Omigod, I'm in agony reading the OP's posts in Comic Sans! Someone please put me out of my misery!
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 08:45 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

That was why I requested more information and then commented on Comic Sans. I do find Comic Sans offensive (no pretense required) but chacun à son goût on your personal machine.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:43 PM   #13
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you please edit your post to get rid of that awful comic sans?
It could always be worse.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:04 AM   #14
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
sorry, I didn't imagine it's so unbearable for you this font
I'm not outraged or finding it "unbearable" (it didn't show in CS for me as I have control of my browser fonts); I'm trying to advise you on how you personally can see everything in this forum, and elsewhere, in your favourite font. Instead of just setting your posts to show to others in CS, which doesn't achieve your goal.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:42 AM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
It could always be worse.
Yes.
One of the blackletter fonts and pasted as an image.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote