Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 06-07-2007, 07:37 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Post Piper, H. Beam: Space Viking. v1. 7 Jun 07

When his wife is murdered on his wedding day, Lucas Trask launches himself on a quest for revenge. Using his personal fortune, he buys a spaceship and becomes a Space Viking, raiding worlds while hunting for his wife's killer. But raiding is not his destiny, and he gradually becomes a trader, starting to build a galactic empire. Before he can achieve his new goals, however, he must still deal with his wife's killer. A thrilling intergalactic saga!

Lots of illustrations, hence the comparatively large file size.

Enjoy!

Last edited by HarryT; 07-20-2009 at 03:27 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
When his wife is murdered on his wedding day, Lucas Trask launches himself on a quest for revenge. Using his personal fortune, he buys a spaceship and becomes a Space Viking, raiding worlds while hunting for his wife's killer. But raiding is not his destiny, and he gradually becomes a trader, starting to build a galactic empire. Before he can achieve his new goals, however, he must still deal with his wife's killer. A thrilling intergalactic saga!

Lots of illustrations, hence the comparatively large file size.

Enjoy!

This was the very first H. Beam Piper I ever read, and I loved it. Wasn't this in Astounding, back in the early '60s? This will be the first one of the many books by him that you're making available that I'm going to read.

Curious: Your first 4 pages of this book has one blank, on screen three. I had this same problem with some book I did. I think I either deleted a line break or changed the text (after the blank) to another style.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2007, 09:03 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would suggest that you don't read this one, Don. Download the "Terro-Human Future History Omnibus" and read the whole "timeline" in order. This book is a part of that omnibus.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:11 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I would suggest that you don't read this one, Don. Download the "Terro-Human Future History Omnibus" and read the whole "timeline" in order. This book is a part of that omnibus.

Ok - I'll start with the "Terro" omnibus.

(By the way, I download EVERYTHING , just in case. One can never tell if a title will be blown away into the cosmos, winding its way into the windy recesses of the sky, or unaccountably gone. These things do happen sometimes.) THERE'S SUBTEXT IN THIS MESSAGE!

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-10-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
"of the many books by him" unfortunately this is not true. The 42 entries at Project Gutenberg are from 40 works of which 6 are still in copyright. This is the complete work of Piper. Fortunately you usually want to reread them several times.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2007, 10:24 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Still a heck of a lot more than we've got of any of the other major SF authors. Be grateful for what we've got!