Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
Ryan_Phx
Enthusiast
Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Tab S2, Nook, Kindle DXG
Editing PDFs in library

I have a few PDFs in my library that I'd like to edit--removing blank pages, cropping, etc. If I edit those PDFs and save them back to the same folder with the same filename, will that mess anything up with my Calibre library or my metadata?

TIA,
Ryan
Ryan_Phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Phx View Post
If I edit those PDFs and save them back to the same folder with the same filename, will that mess anything up with my Calibre library or my metadata?
No, just select the book and click O to open the folder then open the PDF in your editor and save it to the same spot with the same name. I've done this for epub books for quite a while.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Ryan_Phx
Enthusiast
Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Tab S2, Nook, Kindle DXG
Good to know--Thanks!
Ryan_Phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Sort of related
When I export a pdf file in a calibre directory as rtf/txt etc., I first convert the pdf to rtf using calibre.
Then I export it to the calibre directory that it was in and calibre is expecting it to be there
Saves me exporting it to a temp directory and adding it to calibre again. Plus a lot of other little annoyances that I have caused myself when I have several formats under the same book already.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote