Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-10-2017, 08:01 PM   #361
sbaylor
Groupie
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
Hi sbaylor, just wondering if we will see any updates to MR in the near future addressing the previously discussed bugs?

Thanks again for the great app!
Yes, we will. Thank you for your patience!
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2017, 01:16 AM   #362
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura
I think I'm doing something stupid but haven't been able to sort it out. I just updated from calibre 2.78 to 3.12 and am no longer able to get MR to connect via the content server.

I have the content server running on my Mac and it works since I can connect via http from within a browser and using http method in MR. However, I can no longer get an OPDS connection. I get the following error:

Error: Invalid OPDS Catalog
Failed to comminicate with "interface-data/init?1510635566295"

Is this something others get too?

****Nevermind - I figured it out. Had to add "opds" to the end of the address url *******

Last edited by slantybard; 11-14-2017 at 01:54 AM.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:25 AM   #363
nimapourkarimi
nimapourkarimi began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 3
Hi @sbaylor
Is it possible to make Mapleread understand the text layer in pdf files? it's really a great help if we could select text and then copy, define, share... just like in epub files. iBooks, Kybook, Goodreader and other PDF readers can do that, it would be a great addition to Mapleread, Thanks.

Last edited by nimapourkarimi; 11-20-2017 at 09:28 AM.
nimapourkarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:20 PM   #364
romad
Connoisseur
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 3
Bug found in the "Author + Series" sort option. Everything worked fine until I added the 10th book of a series. MapleRead SE is sorting the ten books as 10, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9 instead of 1 through 10. Could this bug be fixed, please?

EDIT: Found the problem, the spacing of the author's initials were off 1 space. Once I corrected that in book 10, it worked.

Last edited by romad; 12-01-2017 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Question now moot
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:07 PM   #365
sbaylor
Groupie
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
How to connect to Calibre 3.x Content Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
I think I'm doing something stupid but haven't been able to sort it out. I just updated from calibre 2.78 to 3.12 and am no longer able to get MR to connect via the content server.

I have the content server running on my Mac and it works since I can connect via http from within a browser and using http method in MR. However, I can no longer get an OPDS connection. I get the following error:

Error: Invalid OPDS Catalog
Failed to comminicate with "interface-data/init?1510635566295"

Is this something others get too?

****Nevermind - I figured it out. Had to add "opds" to the end of the address url *******
Yes. Thank you for answering your question here too. You must add "/opds" at the end of the address if you use Calibre 3.0 or later. Before 3.0, "/opds" is optional. When Calibre 3.0 was out months ago, we updated the corresponding screenshot of the FAQ.
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote