Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-04-2014, 03:53 AM   #511
patred
patred began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Dear All

Haven't see this yet: I would like to have a plugin that collect metadata from www.stripinfo.be and/or www.bdtheque.com to make it easier to index french and dutch comic books

Thank you

Cheers

Patred
patred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #512
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I don't know if this exists already, but I'd like a plugin to sum the contents of a custom column of numerical data in a Virtual Library. This would help keep track of my "Purchased but Unread" book balance without having to export to .csv format.

Please let me know if the ability to do so is already implemented! Thanks.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #513
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I don't know if this exists already, but I'd like a plugin to sum the contents of a custom column of numerical data in a Virtual Library. This would help keep track of my "Purchased but Unread" book balance without having to export to .csv format.

Please let me know if the ability to do so is already implemented! Thanks.
Is purchased a Tag?

If you have a VL for not read and search on the Tag for Purchased: the count will be at the bottom

<#purchased> of <#not read>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #514
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is purchased a Tag?

If you have a VL for not read and search on the Tag for Purchased: the count will be at the bottom

<#purchased> of <#not read>
It's not the number of books that I'm looking for, but the sum total of my custom column "Cost".
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #515
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
It's not the number of books that I'm looking for, but the sum total of my custom column "Cost".
I don't tell my wife how much I spend on books and neither does she. Don't ask, Don't Tell (or keep records )

You will need a spreadsheet. I don't think calibre even has the core utilities to do this (sum)
Advert
Old 01-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #516
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I don't tell my wife how much I spend on books and neither does she. Don't ask, Don't Tell (or keep records )

You will need a spreadsheet. I don't think calibre even has the core utilities to do this (sum)
I don't either. Some sort of user configurable statistics screen might be handy. But, maybe it can be done using a catalogue? At the least, it should be able to produce a CSV file with the appropriate data.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #517
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:

Won't program language (python) have the + operator? I think so. I don't think that the main problem would be the + operator but getting all the books to apply it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:48 PM   #518
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Won't program language (python) have the + operator? I think so. I don't think that the main problem would be the + operator but getting all the books to apply it.
It is the database engine Summary tools that is needed. (think doing this on 1000's of records)

The basic (a+b) math is needed/ probably used in many places.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #519
BMaster31
BMaster31 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
email multiple files

I have been looking all over the forums and the internet for this, but have yet to find a good solution. I have people I share my Calibre content with through email (connect and share), and there are a couple cases where those people want the content in multiple formats. Like EPub (for the phone) and AZW3 for their reader. I currently have to use the 'send to multiple recipients' function and specify the format manually for their 'second' format. Just wondering if there is an easier way to do this, or if there is an plugin to always send all the formats listed for a single email address.

Thanks!
BMaster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #520
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMaster31 View Post
I have been looking all over the forums and the internet for this, but have yet to find a good solution. I have people I share my Calibre content with through email (connect and share), and there are a couple cases where those people want the content in multiple formats. Like EPub (for the phone) and AZW3 for their reader. I currently have to use the 'send to multiple recipients' function and specify the format manually for their 'second' format. Just wondering if there is an easier way to do this, or if there is an plugin to always send all the formats listed for a single email address.

Thanks!
Send them bums EPUB and let them convert with THEIR Calibre, since they have the decision (what to read upon) problem

Last edited by theducks; 02-01-2014 at 11:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-20-2014, 09:01 PM   #521
kcmccombs
kcmccombs began at the beginning.

Device: samsung note 2
new here

i would like to see more stuff on audio books and have calibre search audible .com
kcmccombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #522
theeye23
theeye23 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile hi there

I would like to request or suggest a plugin to read attributes from AutoCAD files like DWG and DWF so we can add our sample AutoCAD drawings.
theeye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #523
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Send the bums EPUB and let them convert with THEIR Calibre, since they have the decision (what to read upon) problem
Agreed:thumbup:
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #524
nettle
nettle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi,
I would like to create a plugin for automatically downloading new issues from issuu.com and sending emails with the PDFs to kindle.
issuu.com has an API for getting issues: http://developers.issuu.com/api/ and bookmarks.
However, each user will need to store their API key/secret in the plugin settings, as the API allows authentication for (allmost) all calls.
Do you think the plugin will be useful to you, and do you have any security concerns?
nettle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #525
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
Tag Cleaner need

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@schuster -[*]I mentioned on another thread an idea for a "Tag Cleaner". It would use a similar approach to that in the Goodreads Metadata download plugin of defining a mapping between input tags and tags you want to use in your library. You would have a gui allowing you to customise and control which tags map to each and discard any you do not have a mapping for. It would work across metadata sources (including the ability to remap the Goodreads tags) as you would do it as a separate step after your normal Ctrl+D download. So if you are frustrated with getting a dozen variants of "sci-fi, scifi, science fiction" this would automatically resolve them rather than manually retyping the tags yourself.[/LIST]
I heartily second this idea for Calibre. I have about 1,200 books in my library and have just painstakingly rationalized the over 400 tags downloaded with the metadata down to a useful 120. Having done that I now obviously want to keep the list clean. Ideally the add books and edit metadata code should check incoming tags against a user maintained database of tags (an extension of the tag manager?) and 1) map incoming tags to p referenced tags via the database, 2) discard incoming tags that are in the database but do not map to a new tag, and 3) alert the user to new tags that are not in the database with appropriate options on how to deal with them. The last item might have intelligent suggestions like if some variant of "SciFi" comes in that is not in the database, it might spot the similarity to "SciFi" and optionally add a new mapping item to the database. As noted in the original post, this is similar, but more expansive than, the GoodReads plugin.

If I ever learn Python, I would look into it myself. The latest language I have learned since my assembler language and Fortran days (yes I am an old fart) is Visual Basic.

Please and thanks.
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe