Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #241
Pistos
Connoisseur
Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Touch
+1 for an official page or repo someplace. +100 for source code.
Pistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #242
exNookie
exNookie has learned how to buy an e-book online

Ditto.

I am with Pistos.

Note: The recent dropbox update worked great for me.

Last edited by exNookie; 10-01-2011 at 01:18 PM.
exNookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #243
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Kobo Desktop for linux (Especially Debian) which works for the account setup thereof when I need to do a factory reset would be for me, golden.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #244
Geeky
Enthusiast
Geeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdom

Device: none
I'm using v2.0.3 on (X)Ubuntu 11.04
Lately when trying to sync I get the message that this version is outdated and I should upgrade. Win/Mac seem to be up to v2.1.2. What is the latest Linux release and where can I get it?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Geeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #245
Jedibeeftrix
Jedibeeftrix has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityJedibeeftrix has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityJedibeeftrix has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityJedibeeftrix has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityJedibeeftrix has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityJedibeeftrix has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityJedibeeftrix has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityJedibeeftrix has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityJedibeeftrix has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityJedibeeftrix has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityJedibeeftrix has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Nokia N9 Meego/Harmattan
is there any chance that opensuse 12.1, a non-debian based distro, might see some kobo love?
Jedibeeftrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #246
snmilliken
snmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo,Kobo Vox & BB Playbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
I'm using v2.0.3 on (X)Ubuntu 11.04
Lately when trying to sync I get the message that this version is outdated and I should upgrade. Win/Mac seem to be up to v2.1.2. What is the latest Linux release and where can I get it?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Upon trying to sync the Kobo, the program shuts down. Everything else seems to work. Is this due to needing an upgrade?
snmilliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #247
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by snmilliken View Post
Upon trying to sync the Kobo, the program shuts down. Everything else seems to work. Is this due to needing an upgrade?
C'mon Kobo... You won at least one sale (the one bought for my wife) by wetting my appetite with the Linux support. How difficult it is to add a Linux build to the release?

We are few, but you want us active in the community.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:25 AM   #248
Geeky
Enthusiast
Geeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by snmilliken View Post
Well,

the behaviour in my case is totally different, the device isn't synced, but I get a popup message instead. The application doesn't quit. The setup worked before (don't know exactly when the error started to occur, as I sync only every couple of weeks) and I didn't change anything. Try to start the Kobo application using a terminal, then you'll see what's actually happening when the info scrolls in your terminal window. Thus I could figure I needed to install/update some library (I think the USB one mentioned beforehand in this thread), after that it worked like a charm.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #249
viduliya
viduliya began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Kobo Desktop for linux (Especially Debian) which works for the account setup thereof when I need to do a factory reset would be for me, golden.
Ditto.

I do not like having to start a virtual machine just to go through the account setup. I wish Kobo allowed a way to do this directly via wifi without having to use a machine with Windows/Mac OS.
viduliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #250
snmilliken
snmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
Well,

the behaviour in my case is totally different, the device isn't synced, but I get a popup message instead. The application doesn't quit. The setup worked before (don't know exactly when the error started to occur, as I sync only every couple of weeks) and I didn't change anything. Try to start the Kobo application using a terminal, then you'll see what's actually happening when the info scrolls in your terminal window. Thus I could figure I needed to install/update some library (I think the USB one mentioned beforehand in this thread), after that it worked like a charm.
This is the error I get while trying to sync from terminal

Quote:
[ResumingDownloader] : Start: "http://a4ccf0b6.blob.core.windows.net/kobo/df6e9c280954def6522425f7ad3f9c88af0251e2.epub"
[ResumingDownloader] : FINISHED: 1058791
/usr/local/Kobo/Kobo: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1: undefined symbol: zip_open
Old 10-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #251
snmilliken

Kobo Vox

Will there be any Linux support for the newest ereader?
Old 10-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #252
SmokeAndMirrors
Addict
SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Pad Slider
Hey Kobo. Another Linux user here who is pining for a Linux Desktop! I run Linux Mint (Ubuntu compatibility works for Mint). Pretty please?
SmokeAndMirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #253
eastpole
eastpole began at the beginning.

Linux for sure!

I am making solid progress on an all-Unix household. So, an Ubuntu or Debian version of the Desktop would be great.

Some boxes use 32-bit CPUs at present, but surely that's going to go away quickly for many users.

Making it as simple as any other apt install from a repository would be the ticket to widespread adoption, I think.

Cheers,
tai from the East Pole
eastpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:20 AM   #254
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by viduliya View Post
Ditto.

I do not like having to start a virtual machine just to go through the account setup. I wish Kobo allowed a way to do this directly via wifi without having to use a machine with Windows/Mac OS.
So I am gathering that none of the unofficial kobo Linux desktop builds allows you to perform the initial setup of the device?

So it is either use windows or osx or use another brand of reader if you are a Linux user? Ah the irony, can't use a Linux system to configure a Linux device.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #255
Geeky
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
So I am gathering that none of the unofficial kobo Linux desktop builds allows you to perform the initial setup of the device?
The last(?) 2.0.3 build could activate a while back, but now it seems Kobo decided to label it outdated, so no more syncing or activating with that client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
So it is either use windows or osx or use another brand of reader if you are a Linux user? Ah the irony, can't use a Linux system to configure a Linux device.
Indeed.

Tags
desktop, kobo, linux, software