Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-06-2015, 12:53 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Bought the Xperia compact

Which is 8 inches and water proof.

While I bought it because the Sony PS remote play (ability to use my ps4 away from home or from another room) Im extremely pleased with it as a secondary reader. I decided to sell my iPad mini because that.

Has anybody tried the Sony Xperia compact tablet?
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:52 AM   #2
bluefan
bluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the roughbluefan is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
I sold both my Aura HD and PS VITA and don't regret it one bit. It's an amazing tablet. It's a shame the cost drives off the majority of budget tablet shoppers. Also hard to actually even get your hand on one to play around with it (at least in my city, the Sony outlet here closed years ago).

Reading wise, it's perfectly fine with the brightness toned all the way down. And being ~30g heavier than my old Aura HD, don't notice the weight at all for extended reading sessions. While battery time will never match that of an eReader, it's ranked #1 in many tests for tablets.

People who mainly read novels probably won't have a use for it, but if say you're also an avid comic reader that keeps up with mainstream media, it's essentially the perfect device.
bluefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert