Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-07-2020, 12:52 AM   #1
Floating Quietly
Floating Quietly began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Is there a way to spell check metadata?

I use a long form custom text field in Metadata to keep notes about a book. Is there anyway to activate spell check for that metadata field?
Floating Quietly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:23 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, Qt text widgets dont support spell checking out of the box. One could theoretically add spell checking, using the dictionaries available for the calibre edit book tool, but that is a fair amount of work.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2020, 12:10 PM   #3
Floating Quietly
Floating Quietly began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No, Qt text widgets dont support spell checking out of the box. One could theoretically add spell checking, using the dictionaries available for the calibre edit book tool, but that is a fair amount of work.
Bummer but understood. I do wonder what it would take to integrate https://github.com/manisandro/qtspell.
Floating Quietly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:49 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Quietly View Post
I use a long form custom text field in Metadata to keep notes about a book. Is there anyway to activate spell check for that metadata field?
My personal choice is to write my notes in another program and then copy/paste into calibre. For most notes, I use Notepad++ but I've gone to LO or Word at times.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote