Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-18-2023, 09:07 PM   #706
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nguoi doc sach View Post
Please someone help me,
I want to put a comma in Votes numbers but I don't know how to do it correctly. Does anyone figure out this yet?
Hi!,

Here is what I do. Sorry it's long, but once it's set up you are good.

I have always used the Goodreads Rating plugin with F_rating, but lately I have just used the new Goodreads with the ratings and the number of votes. Since these are recorded as identifiers, you need to create the custom columns for the identifiers, but this is where you can modify it.

I attached some pictures to show:

Create the columns needed by the new plugin for the average rating and the number of votes as directed.

If you haven't already, create a floating intenger column for the average ratings (for me it's the same column that was created with the older plugin {#gr1})

Also create a new "number of votes" column

If you haven't already done it, it's a good time to install the "Mass Search and Replace" plugin. Create a new rule for GR Ratings/Votes

Create two sets of rules where you copy the column with the identifier for ratings to the column you created with the floating decimal point.

Do the same thing for the number of votes

Now you need to create an icon rule of some sort to let you know when you have a ratings/votes in a book that isn’t showing up in the new columns you set up.
These columns are set up so they automatically follow the decimal point and commas you want. Since you can’t do it with identifiers, and because the column for the identifiers is composite and you can’t change it, what you want is to move those identifiers into the column you created.

Now you should have the "Mass Search and Replace" plugin installed. If you do, then create a new set of rules for moving the numbers from the composite columns (the ones filled in by the plugin) to the new ones. Two rules, one for each column. Give it a name like “GR Ratings/Votes” and basically only run it when you know you have the numbers.

I also created an icon rule set that lets me know when the plugin added new ratings/votes, but I haven’t yet copied them over. This is nice to let you know when you need to do it

Kind of a pain to set up, but once it’s done, it’s pretty autmated and will get those ratings/votes into columns with decimal points and commas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ratings Column.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	203209   Click image for larger version

Name:	Number of Ratings.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	203210   Click image for larger version

Name:	mass search replace 2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	203214   Click image for larger version

Name:	grrating to my ratings column.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	203215   Click image for larger version

Name:	grvotes to number of ratings.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	203216   Click image for larger version

Name:	notification for ratings.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	203217   Click image for larger version

Name:	notification for votes and ratings.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	203218  
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 11:02 PM   #707
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Very well explained by Rellwood the option with comma
But it is more automatic as explained in https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibe...custom-columns
As intended by kiwidude the plugin collects the data and puts it first in the identifiers field and then in each custom column.
And the truth is that in goodreads the rating number is with a point.
But everyone can choose how to do it and here is the other option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	125
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	203240  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2023, 05:01 PM   #708
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Very well explained by Rellwood the option with comma
But it is more automatic as explained in https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibe...custom-columns
As intended by kiwidude the plugin collects the data and puts it first in the identifiers field and then in each custom column.
And the truth is that in goodreads the rating number is with a point.
But everyone can choose how to do it and here is the other option.
I thought I had indicated that the rating was a floating point and the number of votes are a comma vote.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:19 AM   #709
OregaNooo
OregaNooo began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Apologies in advance for this stupid question.

I was looking to add the plugin to my toolbar, but it's not showing up. Is it not supposed to have an icon? How do you get the metadata? I do have goodreads sync already installed so not sure if that is part of it.
OregaNooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:45 AM   #710
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregaNooo View Post
Apologies in advance for this stupid question.

I was looking to add the plugin to my toolbar, but it's not showing up. Is it not supposed to have an icon? How do you get the metadata? I do have goodreads sync already installed so not sure if that is part of it.
Hi, try this:

Control + D -> Configure Download -> select Goodreads -> Configure selected source

There aren't toolbar buttons for metadata plugins, but you can use Quick Preferences plugin if you want a quick switch for metadata sources:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118776
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2023, 06:37 PM   #711
OregaNooo
OregaNooo began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Thank you! Having a bad brain fog day, though I'm not confident right now that it would have clicked on a good day.

So the rating you download, that's what the average rating is on goodreads, not your personal rating?
OregaNooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 07:14 PM   #712
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregaNooo View Post
Thank you! Having a bad brain fog day, though I'm not confident right now that it would have clicked on a good day.

So the rating you download, that's what the average rating is on goodreads, not your personal rating?
sure.

The plugin Wiki has a comprehensive how-to guide:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...wiki/Goodreads

I'm using just 'r' for the precise rating custom column and 'v' for the votes one, instead of grrating and grrvotes, as the wiki suggests:

Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 10:37 AM   #713
hillcountryfare
hillcountryfare began at the beginning.

Device: KPW, Fire Tablet 8
not returning full title for 9780307484253/7339820

I can't figure out why the plugin is returning the short version of the title for this book.
From the log:
Code:
parse_title:  Emotional Energy Factor
expected:  The Emotional Energy Factor: The Secrets High-Energy People Use to Beat Emotional Fatigue
I also can't figure out why Calibre uses this title when merging results from multiple metadata sources. Other books with colons in the title and missing apollo data return the full title.

I modified the code to also log titleComplete and it strips the additional words from that title as well.

Metadata log from all providers:https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/cf3yk...tw4qjkb5i&dl=0
hillcountryfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 07:45 PM   #714
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountryfare View Post
I can't figure out why the plugin is returning the short version of the title for this book.
From the log:
Code:
parse_title:  Emotional Energy Factor
expected:  The Emotional Energy Factor: The Secrets High-Energy People Use to Beat Emotional Fatigue
That author has multiple editions of the book on Goodreads with different metadata - you can see the id in the log is indicating it found you are pointing to the ebook edition here which has the shorter title:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7339820

Whereas the paperback edition has the longer title:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/81519

If you want to point to the paperback edition you can either manually change the goodreads identifier in your book metadata and then re-download, or if you want to do that via a GUI you can do so using the Link to Goodreads feature of the Goodreads Sync plugin.

Last edited by kiwidude; 09-03-2023 at 10:35 PM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 12:24 PM   #715
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Is anybody else having issues with links generated by this plugin (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/xxxx) just going to a 404 page? Most of the time, clicking it a second time it does load, so I don't know what's going on.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 01:59 AM   #716
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Is anybody else having issues with links generated by this plugin (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/xxxx) just going to a 404 page? Most of the time, clicking it a second time it does load, so I don't know what's going on.
Those links such as in my last post are working fine and opening first time for me, so I suspect you are just hitting a bad time for the goodreads servers for your location.
Old 10-14-2023, 11:36 AM   #717
Noirtier
Noirtier began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hello and thank you for the great plugin! I am just trying it out for the first time.

Is there any way to download just the grrating and grvotes metadata for my entire library, without touching any of the other existing metadata already in place?

There seems to be two layers of difficulty preventing me from doing this:
  1. In the plugin configuration there is no metadata field selection option for either grrating or grvotes (I assume 'Rating' here corresponds to the standard Calibre rating, and not the new grrating custom column?).
  2. If I do a CTRL+D to download metadata in bulk, it appears that the way Calibre works is that if you have any metadata fields to download deselected, instead of leaving the existing entries for that field in place, they get replaced by empty fields. So I cannot seem to choose to only update certain metadata fields?
Noirtier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 06:34 AM   #718
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noirtier View Post
Hello and thank you for the great plugin! I am just trying it out for the first time.

Is there any way to download just the grrating and grvotes metadata for my entire library, without touching any of the other existing metadata already in place?

There seems to be two layers of difficulty preventing me from doing this:
  1. In the plugin configuration there is no metadata field selection option for either grrating or grvotes (I assume 'Rating' here corresponds to the standard Calibre rating, and not the new grrating custom column?).
To download the grrating and grvotes you need to tick the relevant options in the "other options" section. These get inserted as identifiers for your book, which you can then bind to custom columns (all a bit of a hack to workaround limitations in the calibre metadata download API which has a strict set of known columns only it can populate).

So yes the Rating there is the standard rating column.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noirtier View Post
[*]If I do a CTRL+D to download metadata in bulk, it appears that the way Calibre works is that if you have any metadata fields to download deselected, instead of leaving the existing entries for that field in place, they get replaced by empty fields. So I cannot seem to choose to only update certain metadata fields?
Anyone who has read enough of my ranting posts over the years would know I never use or recommend using bulk download metadata. For most users it will just lead to corrupting your library like the sort of issues you are seeing. If the search result is linked to the wrong book you are overwriting your book data and would never know it.

As to whether there is some other way to pull that data selectively rather than going through each book one by one - not that comes to mind. Remember every book has to have the right goodreads identifier assigned before you could perform any sort of bulk activity with any level of confidence. And getting the right goodreads id is itself at the whims of Goodreads search engine results and presenting the wrong book more often than you would like.

All of which is only solvable by going through each book one at a time and making sure your data is correct - so you may as well just get the grrating/grvotes at the same time...
Old 01-08-2024, 09:44 PM   #719
ValerieAnne
ValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Just starting to reuse Calibre again and finally using Goodreads as it was intended (lol). I saw this plug in and thought great, it should make everything similar. I just can't get it to work. Whenever I click Authorize Plugin with Goodreads, I get this message:
[QUOTEcalibre, version 7.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>SSLHandshakeError</b>:[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1006)

calibre 7.3 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && Goodreads (1, 7, 9) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 4) && Kobo Metadata (1, 3, 0) && Reading Goal (1, 2, 6) && WordDumb (3, 30, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1096, in connect
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 117, in _ssl_wrap_socket
File "ssl.py", line 517, in wrap_socket
File "ssl.py", line 1108, in _create
File "ssl.py", line 1379, in do_handshake
ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1006)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.config", line 1204, in authorize_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 228, in get_request_token_secret
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 129, in _oauth_request_get
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.oauth2.__init_ _", line 689, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1689, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1429, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1349, in _conn_request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1122, in connect
calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.SSLHandsha keError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1006)
][/QUOTE]

I have tried to configure the shelves and everything as well, thinking that could be the issue as I don't have it set up yet. I have the user as my GoodReads user name, thinking when I authorize it would ask me to signin on Goodreads (I'm already logged in) but just get the above message. Would love to use this as it looks great, but I can't seem to get past what should be the easiest part. Thank you.
ValerieAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 08:42 AM   #720
Leilu
Leilu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 / Kobo Libra 2
Hi,

Would it be possible to retrieve both pieces of information please? That is, the published date in the default column and thefirst published date in a custom integer column (to manage texts BC).
Thanks

Last edited by Leilu; 03-09-2024 at 08:45 AM.
Leilu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodreads, metadata