Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #16
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I would be suspicious. This site does not have a professional feel, and I can't understand any value in converting to pdf.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Sadly, per the DMCA, the act of removing DRM is illegal even though DRM conflicts with fair use.
Actually, we cannot say that stripping DRM for personal use is illegal. We don't know know yet if DMCA trumps fair use or not. It's not yet been decided in a court of law. So for now it's a gray area and for me, I'm going with fair use.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by treetotree View Post
"Does anyone know if this is a legit. company? I am afraid to download anything without knowing. I do not want to infect my computer with anything.
Thanks "

http://www.ebook-converter.com/

Silly me I forgot to put the link in. I am not very good at this posting thing yet.
Sorry
Legit of not, it's a rather stupid company. Adobe Digital Editions is NOT an eBook format. And for those of us with readers, why would we want to convert from reflowable to PDF (fixed)? That's just insane.

And not to mention that their products are a waste of money. Don't do business with them. The site has a feel of templates. It's just not a professional product. It's there to rip off the consumer. Don't be sucked into this.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:40 PM   #19
Malcolm
Enthusiast
Malcolm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, K4PC, Kindle 2, Droid Eris
@JSWolf: I certainly agree with your view of the site and the usefulness of the conversion to PDF. However all the Google searches and all the reviews of the various 100 or so places that seem to have the ultimate conversion software leaves me with a distinct sour taste. Basically that comes from no easily usable App which will allow those of us who simply want to read an AZW file on either our Nook or Kindle. The only software I find is at least two Python Downloads and several scripts. All of this smacks of the geek days where we needed an advanced degree and such to connect a simple modem (string).
I'm well past the age of wanting to continue being a bleeding edge guy. Is there any way to do this with a simple App that you can call and simply define what file you want converted? I gladly pay more than the $29.95 that that site requested. I've done so with donations to Calibre for instance. Is there any way to get help?
Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote