Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-29-2019, 05:39 PM   #1
tterrellbanks
tterrellbanks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura; Kindle Paperwhite 1
Kindle 10 -- JB Available?

Couldn't figure out where to find the answer,

Amazon now has a Kindle whose description reads like the PaperWhite description used to read. They labeled it as 'Kindle 10" in the specs section of the product description. The new PW ($30 or so more) is waterproof, more storage, yada, yada, yada. I don't need all that stuff.

I would prefer to jailbreak it so my actual question is, "Is there a JailBreak available for this new device?"

Thanks,
TTB
tterrellbanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tterrellbanks View Post

Amazon now has a Kindle whose description reads like the PaperWhite description used to read. They labeled it as 'Kindle 10" in the specs section of the product description. The new PW ($30 or so more) is waterproof, more storage, yada, yada, yada. I don't need all that stuff.

I would prefer to jailbreak it so my actual question is, "Is there a JailBreak available for this new device?"

Thanks,
TTB
I would say no based on the fact that the new 5.12.2 firmware cannot be jailbroken. So if you cannot live with a Kindle that's not jailbroken, don't buy a Kindle PW2 or newer.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2019, 08:11 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tterrellbanks View Post
- - - - -
Very first post of the very first, topmost, thread shown in the "sticky" part of this index page (which is the very first page of the index).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, new kindle