Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-13-2017, 05:06 PM   #31
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
FYI. From Kobo labs https://github.com/kobolabs/epub-spec
Quote:
Desktop
1. Open the Kobo Desktop app.
2. Make sure you have*Adobe Digital Editions*installed. If you do not wish to install ADE you can skip this step by creating a folder named "My Digital Editions" in your "My Documents" folder.
3. Select the Library tab in Kobo Desktop and press CTRL+Shift+S on Windows or ⌘+SHIFT+S on a Mac. This will display any files in the “My Digital Editions” folder on your computer with the extension .epub
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Thank you! Against all expectation I found the thread by myself, and the implementation seems to work. Now, I'm looking for a book in german to convert to kepub, but now the converting plugin shows errors. I already asked jgoguen.
Today seems a day where nothing goes alright at once.
Check the ePub with epubcheck 4.0.2 to see if it could be the ePub causing the problem. These sorts of plugins expect the ePub to be technically correct and if not, they might not work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2017, 09:30 PM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
That explains it. But there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it of..
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:25 AM   #34
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
After running the kepub output plugin following your advice in the debug mode, I was able to convert some books to kepub. Applying the Kobo Patcher, I was able to set the text justified and the hyphenation activated. Now it looks all pretty. If only I could the plugin run properly. But with the help of all I'm looking forward. So far, thank you all!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 04:08 AM   #35
bennyPerth
bennyPerth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hi

Recently bought a Kobo Clara HD. Am a bit mixed on how I feel about it as was using Moon Reader Plus on a couple tablets. Sadly both tablets carked it and find the reading experience on a mobile phone (currently a Pixel 3) ... difficult because of almost 80 year old eyes.

The problems with the Kobo are things like touch sensitivity and the ease of knowing where i am both within a chapter and a book. The touch bit I've adapated to (touching too close to the border usually fails). The pages or percent of where one is reading seems to have been improved after upgrading to 4.19.14123. Had to change the plugin code as per the Doitsu post in 2017. However, quite a few of my books ended up having an error on Python statement destdir, filename = unquote(filename).split("/"). I found the filenames had a prefix of OEBPS/ which caused an extra value to unpack. So I put a filename = filename.replace("OEBPS/","") before the preceeding if statement (if "/" in href.

Then copied the output to the Kobo and the header and footer now show reasonable percents (interesting that the first page of a chapter shows a value of what is probably the percent after reading the page). This is quite acceptable to me as it gives a feel of how long the chapter is and where you are within the chapter. Would prefer the header and footer to show pages though like I can get in Moon Reader.

Have joined the forum because others might find the fix useful.

benny
bennyPerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2019, 07:42 PM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyPerth View Post
Then copied the output to the Kobo and the header and footer now show reasonable percents (interesting that the first page of a chapter shows a value of what is probably the percent after reading the page). This is quite acceptable to me as it gives a feel of how long the chapter is and where you are within the chapter. Would prefer the header and footer to show pages though like I can get in Moon Reader.
I can't comment on the other things, but, displaying the page number is the default option. You must have changed this in the reading settings. In any case, I always suggest new owners for these devices have a look at all the settings. No damage can be done by changing any of them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kepub, kobo, sigil plugin