Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-04-2014, 02:01 AM   #1
akca_7190
akca_7190 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
kindle 4 screen problem

there is something wrong with my kindle. when i change the pages, the old page stays there and the upper half of screen becomes black and messy. thats why i cant read
anything. i have uploaded some photos, you can understand easily what i m talking about
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1930...raf_1.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1930...raf_2.jpg.html

Btw, i have already reset the kindle so many times. and i moved to another country, thats why there is no option like replacement. please help.
if i need to open the inner parts, i can do it. i have the necessary equipments.
akca_7190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:42 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Definitely a hardware fault. Looks like the screen controller to me. The only option would be to replace the screen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2014, 07:42 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I can't see the pictures at work, but if it's the screen controller (and not a shattered screen), replacing the screen won't help, surely?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I can't see the pictures at work, but if it's the screen controller (and not a shattered screen), replacing the screen won't help, surely?
It will. The controller is a part of the screen. It's a layer of electronics that's bonded to the screen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote