Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-31-2014, 02:54 PM   #91
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Most excellent! Thank you!
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #92
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Public Service Announcement:

On Windows, make sure your unarchiving software isn't messing with line endings, because that will royally screw things up.
In particular, WinZip provides such a 'smart' setting, which may or may not be enabled by default. In any case: it's evil, kill it with fire.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:58 PM   #93
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Can we kill WinZip with fire?

Note to self -- I guess there is a reason why I prefer 7-Zip.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:51 PM   #94
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Public Service Announcement:

On Windows, make sure your unarchiving software isn't messing with line endings, because that will royally screw things up.
In particular, WinZip provides such a 'smart' setting, which may or may not be enabled by default. In any case: it's evil, kill it with fire.
Amen!!... (and NiLuJe is a very dedicated exorcist )

@NiLuJe: By the way, you have an interesting definition of "fun and interesting"...kind of like "eat'n people alive, where's that get fun?"

Last edited by GoSharks; 11-30-2014 at 12:34 AM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:13 AM   #95
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Of particular attention to diags monkeys : I switched to a custom dropbear build in the Rescue Pack, w/ the same passwordless patches as in USBNet. It should also be using the same hostkeys as USBNet, and, provided the userstore isn't broken, handle your USBNet shared-keys setup. (But it is not the exact same build as USBNet, and as such doesn't absolutely require the userstore to be up to function).

(Also: ECDSA! Yaaaay.)
Old 12-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #96
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All of the KUAL files in the op were updated as of 12/1 except for KUAL. By design?
Old 12-01-2014, 11:05 AM   #97
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@pghaworth: Yep, it's not part of the same code tree. I basically have three different packaging scripts, one for the K5 hacks, one for the Legacy hacks, and one for KUAL extensions. Only those three are (usually) always repackaged when I update the snapshots (that leaves KUAL & KindleTool alone). That doesn't necessarily means that stuff was changed, just that the packages were rebuilt. (Hence the detailed versioning: version tag, actual svn revision, packaging date/time).
Old 12-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #98
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:29 PM   #99
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just tried to download one of these and got a Not Found error.

Excellent timing on your updates.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #100
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yup, container switches to ro during uploads, and I fixed a weird thingy during an upload, so it stayed ro a bit longer than anticipated .
Old 12-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #101
NiLuJe
BLAM!

After nearly three years of downtime, I've just brought my good old (emphasis on old, it's the fairly old-school one-svn-repo-to-rule-them-all approach I've been using for nearly 10 years) Trac instance back up, for the more curious of you out there .

Do PM me if you encounter something wonky w/ it, like I said, been down for three years, I'm actually amazed that the upgrade went so relatively smooth .
Old 02-12-2015, 04:23 PM   #102
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Trying to access the barebones listing...

Unauthorized
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document you requested.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:30 PM   #103
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@eschwartz: Yup, currently uploading updated packages .
Old 02-12-2015, 04:34 PM   #104
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Why is that always when I try checking...
Old 02-18-2015, 05:45 PM   #105
NiLuJe
BLAM!

PSA: The latest snapshots introduced a rather important packaging change for legacy (K2/DX/K3) hacks: instead of being split in per-model packages, there's only one for the whole set of devices. That makes for less confusing and much, much smaller archives.

The downside is that only MRPI will be able to understand these packages.

If that's a deal-breaker, you can always repackage them yourself with KindleTool. For instance, given a package roughly named 'foo', and your target device being a WiFi K3:

Code:
kindletool convert update_foo.bin
kindletool create ota -d k3w update_foo_converted.tar.gz update_foo.bin
This new packaging layout is currently limited to the snapshots, but barring any uproar, that'll probably propagate to the next release packages too, because my time is much better spent doing interesting stuff rather than waiting for crap to finish uploading, and the legacy packages are rather beastly on that front .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-18-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje