Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-16-2020, 03:40 PM   #241
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanSims View Post
One bug that keeps occurring is when I try to open a book through the Koreader file manager the ereader freezes and has to be reset every time. I've stopped using that method completely. Koreader is my favourite reading app but there are definitely memory issues when changing settings also.
Yep, known bug. The cpu go to sleep 1 second after a touch. I don't remember the specifics but there are on some thread in this subforum and/or in github. You can workaround the bug by pressing the screen at +60 bpm/minute until the book is loaded. Yep, such a nasty workaround.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 04:10 PM   #242
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
To be clear, that's a PB specific quirk . The PB port is sorely in need of an active maintainer who actually owns a PB device, precisely in order to properly deal with such platform-specific quirks .
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:51 AM   #243
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
There's also the partial workaround https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3540
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 04:34 PM   #244
Laice
Laice began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 3
is there a way to have TOC for a CBZ/CBR file?
Laice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 05:55 AM   #245
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At a glance I don't see anything about it in MuPDF CBZ support, and I've never seen a TOC-type metadata file in any of my Humble Bundle comics.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:40 AM   #246
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
I couldn't get KoReader to run on a new PB Touch Lux 5 with FW 6.1. I only tried the last two nightlies, though. Will try again with a stable version on a second device. If the new firmware is incompatible with KoReader, Pocketbook will have lost a fan.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 05:05 PM   #247
ps67
Fanatic
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Color PB633
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
I couldn't get KoReader to run on a new PB Touch Lux 5 with FW 6.1. I only tried the last two nightlies, though. Will try again with a stable version on a second device. If the new firmware is incompatible with KoReader, Pocketbook will have lost a fan.
No luck with Pocketbook Color PB 633 and the stable KOReader version
May be I do something wrong because this is my first day with Pocketbook but instruction are so clear...

I don't know which firmware it has, it was updated as I fired on.

Last edited by ps67; 08-07-2020 at 05:08 PM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 05:19 PM   #248
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
No luck with Pocketbook Color PB 633 and the stable KOReader version
May be I do something wrong because this is my first day with Pocketbook but instruction are so clear...

I don't know which firmware it has, it was updated as I fired on.
@ps67, KOReader needs a definition for each device in embedded platforms like Kobo, Kindle and Pocketbook.

In the case of LucyOne request that was easy because the device is similar to others, so support was already merged (see https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/6475). Thanks for testing @LucyOne.

In the case of the PB color things are a bit wonky (see https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/6479). Anyways a "workaround" based on a "not-so-fishy" idea was merged just a few minutes ago (see https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ion_r467219492) and will be available in tomorrow nightly.

So please feel free to report what happens. We're kind of blind here
Old 08-07-2020, 06:16 PM   #249
ps67
Fanatic
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Until Sunday I won't be able to do any trial, thank You anyway for Your effort (I had to suspect that color is different)

Edit: how can I install nightly? Or it simply will be something like KOReader 2020.07.2?
Sorry for that stupid question but with Kobo I used the Niluje's one click ecc.

if it is important: software U633.6.1.488

Last edited by ps67; 08-07-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:50 PM   #250
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Until Sunday I won't be able to do any trial, thank You anyway for Your effort (I had to suspect that color is different)
That's not my effort. It was @roshavagarga who did the PR .

The program runs on many devices now thanks to contributors.
Contributors, generally speaking, are willing to help but do primarily care about their own devices

Quote:
Edit: how can I install nightly? Or it simply will be something like KOReader 2020.07.2?
See http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/. Each one has build data appended in the name.

You just need to uncompress the koreader dir as you did to install it the first time. If your OS ask for overwrite say yes to all.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:23 PM   #251
ps67
Fanatic

I tried the last two nightly but nothing, KOReader don't run.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:48 AM   #252
ps67
Fanatic

The 2020.08.1 works on my Pb633 Color

The only issue is that I don't see colors. I tried to find the way but I was not able to do it. How can I enable colors? It is possible to do it for any single book or it is a global setting?

Edit: I have found Screen > Color rendering but it doesn't work.

Last edited by ps67; 08-24-2020 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Edit: I have found Color rendering but it doesn't work
Old 08-24-2020, 12:46 PM   #253
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
@ps67: Not happening any time soon (at least until someone figures it out the hard way, or PB stops being caught in a GPL violation).

c.f., https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/6479
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:21 AM   #254
Lykke
Connoisseur
Lykke is often consulted by the I Ching.Lykke is often consulted by the I Ching.Lykke is often consulted by the I Ching.Lykke is often consulted by the I Ching.Lykke is often consulted by the I Ching.Lykke is often consulted by the I Ching.Lykke is often consulted by the I Ching.Lykke is often consulted by the I Ching.Lykke is often consulted by the I Ching.Lykke is often consulted by the I Ching.Lykke is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
I upgraded to the latest nightly and noticed that when changing display settings KOreader is now much quicker to reload the book. On previous versions it felt like it took ages. Bravo to the person who fixed this!
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:55 AM   #255
Frenzie
Wizard

@ezdiy has been hard at work improving the PocketBook experience.
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...s?author=ezdiy

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pdf