Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 03:03 AM   #1
Rex32
Rex32 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Monthly Magazine PDF's - Is The iPad My Only Option??

Hello,

I've been scanning a lot of my magazines recently and reading them while I travel. Although it is VERY time consuming to scan them, it is so much easier to have 10 to 15 magazines to digitally thumb through while traveling. A friend of mine told me shes uses her iPad primarily to read books and that it would work great for magazines too. I tried to find information on this but to no avail...

Anyway, I am looking for something that I can read my magazines on that is small and easy to carry around and somewhat easy to read. The main constrant is that it needs to be a color device as magazines are fairly boring in black and white... Does that mean the iPad is my only choice

If I do go with an iPad, does anyone have any experience with how it treats PDF scans? Could I somehow import them into iBook and be able to easiily flip through the magazine and what not?

I hope there is another option as I am not an iPad fan...

Thanks,

Mike
Rex32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
If you're biased against the iPad, you can always search eBay for a 5-year-old Windows tablet. I have one (a PaceBook), and it's great for PDFs and comics. Just expect to buy a new replacement battery, and to be limited to ±3 hours on the battery you *do* get.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2010, 07:01 AM   #3
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
You could try out Zinio, which is a multi-device service for storing magazines and the like, and do it so in a netbook.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote