Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 06:22 AM   #1
spimmy
spimmy began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
Does the prs 600 read .doc files?

as i am trying to get it to read one but im not sure if its possible if not can i convert the book ?
spimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:25 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Sony does not read doc files directly, but, if you add the book to the Reader using the Sony eBook Library software, it will automatically convert it to RTF, which the Reader can handle (to a certain extent, anyway).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The Sony does not read doc files directly, but, if you add the book to the Reader using the Sony eBook Library software, it will automatically convert it to RTF, which the Reader can handle (to a certain extent, anyway).
I believe you also need a licensed copy of MSWord for the Reader Library to do the conversion.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
It doesn't read .doc, but it does read .rtf, and any program that creates/reads .doc files should be able to convert them to .rtf. (AbiWord, if you don't have another one, is free and tiny.) They'll very likely be bigger files. And they'll need to be set at a much larger font size than is useful for print--I prefer 17pt font for reading on my 505, but many people prefer 20pt; I'm partial to small text.

You can leave them at 12 pts, and they'll be very very tiny, and just use the M or L settings to read with.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote