Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
Fictionwise: 100% micropay rebate on membership

Fictionwise are doing the 100% micropay rebates on membership plans again.

bathos
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Hmm...thanks for the heads up...this is how I joined last year...let my membership lapse last month but am considering taking advantage of this promotion
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, I think I go there
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And they have a library now!
Old 10-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
Hmm...thanks for the heads up...this is how I joined last year...let my membership lapse last month but am considering taking advantage of this promotion
Same here; I was hoping they'd do this again!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Ok all you buywise complainers, now you have no excuse!

You get $10 coupons too!
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
Snowman
Zealot
Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 5, Kindle K3, Kindle Voyage
I won't be bothering. Nearly all of my (long) wish-list is geo-restricted, as are virtually all the new books that looked interesting. I know I could jump through a few hoops, get my USian family members to purchase them for me, or even some of my US-based colleagues (who volunteered after a rant!), but who needs this nonsense? I certainly don't. I've already got a huge reading/re-reading list, so I'm really not going to miss that much.

Instead, the authors, publishers (and FW) will miss out on $$$. A very quick estimate for me alone since April is around $400. If this is just for me, then how many others outwith the US worldwide? And what total sales loss worldwide? And now we are seeing signs of restrictions into the US - ok not yet a bite, but maybe a little nibble.

I just polled the front page of FW, finding only 3/12 of the 100% rebates, and 0/11 of the remaining DRM'd are globally available. And I suspect at least one of the 3 will suddenly become restricted as it leaves pre-order status. And these are NEW ebooks. No doubt some of them are from pre-existing contracts, but how many are from relatively recent contracts? Is this an indication the publishers and authors are still signing geo-restrictive covenants? Remember that at the moment, a US geo-restricted ebook is rarely available anywhere to the rest of the world in ebook format. Some are, and are often at stupid prices (even allowing for local taxes) or in a format I don't use.
</rant>

snowman
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I won't be bothering. Nearly all of my (long) wish-list is geo-restricted, as are virtually all the new books that looked interesting. I know I could jump through a few hoops, get my USian family members to purchase them for me, or even some of my US-based colleagues (who volunteered after a rant!), but who needs this nonsense? I certainly don't. I've already got a huge reading/re-reading list, so I'm really not going to miss that much.

Instead, the authors, publishers (and FW) will miss out on $$$. A very quick estimate for me alone since April is around $400. If this is just for me, then how many others outwith the US worldwide? And what total sales loss worldwide? And now we are seeing signs of restrictions into the US - ok not yet a bite, but maybe a little nibble.

I just polled the front page of FW, finding only 3/12 of the 100% rebates, and 0/11 of the remaining DRM'd are globally available. And I suspect at least one of the 3 will suddenly become restricted as it leaves pre-order status. And these are NEW ebooks. No doubt some of them are from pre-existing contracts, but how many are from relatively recent contracts? Is this an indication the publishers and authors are still signing geo-restrictive covenants? Remember that at the moment, a US geo-restricted ebook is rarely available anywhere to the rest of the world in ebook format. Some are, and are often at stupid prices (even allowing for local taxes) or in a format I don't use.
</rant>

snowman
Stop preaching to the choir and go complain to someone that can do something about it.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Fictionwise had a deal for 100% micropay rebates on everything for people with 5 year Buywise memberships. If you are a Buywise member, it might be worth it to bump up your membership to 6-7 years, assuming you think you can find enough to buy to use up your micropay rebate.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #10
Bob Butler
Connoisseur
Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle, iPhone
Woo hoo! My membership JUST expired 3 days ago. I have a big backlog to read so I was planning on waiting for a 100% rebate deal as long as necessary, but I'm glad I don't need to.
Bob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I just got an email from them about this. It also says if I renew before my membership expires I'll get a $5 rebate for a one renewal. I wasn't going to renew, but figured what the heck. I got the 100% rebate, but no $5 rebate. Did anyone renew an existing and if so did you get the additional rebate?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:55 PM   #12
CleverClothe
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I just got an email from them about this. It also says if I renew before my membership expires I'll get a $5 rebate for a one renewal. I wasn't going to renew, but figured what the heck. I got the 100% rebate, but no $5 rebate. Did anyone renew an existing and if so did you get the additional rebate?
They changed the store a while ago so that rebates are capped at 100%.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:41 AM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
They changed the store a while ago so that rebates are capped at 100%.
That's what I figured, but the email mentions both rebates.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:43 AM   #14
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, I've got only one too but an additional coupon (perhaps they're talking about it).

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 10-21-2009 at 02:47 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:04 AM   #15
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Snowman, good question. Some of the money not spent on DRMed and restricted stuff will have gone to others e.g. for me one I switched to a webscription instead.

Some people will do the getting around it thing. Some may find another shop to get it from. So you'd have to estimate a proportion. Rate of purchasing is accelerating, too.

I can't really be bothered messing around either, especially if it might involve the bought it but can't download it have to ask for refund crapola. Easier to read something else, or find it elsewhere more quickly, or buy something that doesn't have this problem.

Regardless, the pirate costume will be more popular this Halloween I think.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote