Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-24-2017, 11:32 AM   #226
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Nevermind ... I actually figured it out myself. Although Calibre still doesn't add the correct information in the complete column. (see attached screenshot).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2017-04-24 16.34.17.png
Views:	219
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	156357  
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:00 PM   #227
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I assume you mean the #status column. What is the calibre column definition for the #status column.

Your source CSV looks like it has a textual string, if #status isn't a real text column of some sort then that could be the problem, e.g. if the Column type is Text, but with a fixed set of permitted values then I think that is actually held as an integer.

Try adding a #status_as_text column (long text, header on side, plain) and map column 6 to it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2017, 09:30 PM   #228
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Tanjamuse: BR is going in the right direction. If #status is a yes/no type column, if the CSV column has a value that can be interpreted as "Yes", then the column gets set to yes. Looking at the code, it can be one of: 'true','yes','y','1'. If the value isn't one of these, then it will be set to "No".

Last edited by davidfor; 04-24-2017 at 09:35 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:08 AM   #229
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Davidfor is right, my status column is a Y/N column, I had naively expected that since the FFF plugin can transfer Completed to yes then the Import List would as well.

I'm pretty sure I can batch-edit in my CSV-file, I'm trying to figure out if I can do the same in the original SQLite file. Otherwise I'll have to create a new text column and then later add that information to the Yes/No I already have.

Thanks to both of you.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:18 AM   #230
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you import the column into a text column as I suggested, then I think you should be able to use Bulk Search and Replace to populate the Y/N #status column based on the values in the #status_from_text column.

To my mind the values in column 6 look richer in terms of information content than a simple Y/N, so I would probably want to keep them, at least until the last minute. If I didn't want to keep them then I clear the column, then I'll have the column for next time I run a similar Import List.

If you massage the original sql database or the csv file how would you save the process - sql procedures and excel macros come to mind. But with Bulk S&R you can save the S&R for reuse which is something you already know about. I'm not even sure SQLite has stored procedures or an equivalent - David will know.

BR
Advert
Old 04-25-2017, 03:28 AM   #231
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Changing it in the CSV is simple. You can do it in a text editor or a spreadsheet application.

Depending on what else you have in the database, you can do an update to change from "Completed" to "Yes" and "In Progress" to "No".

If you don't want to do that, you can do it in the SQL that gets the data from the original database with a CASE statement. Such as:

Code:
SELECT Title, CASE Status WHEN 'Complete' THEN 'Yes' ELSE 'No' END as Status
FROM thetable
Otherwise, as BR suggests, import it into another column and modify things afterwards.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:39 PM   #232
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Just for your information, while theming this plugin I saw that there is a unused browser.png icon inside.
Instead the plugin is using the store.png icon from calibre for the links to the webpages. (so maybe you should replace store by browser or delete browser.png)
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:14 AM   #233
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Is there any way to add language as well? Into the standard language column in Calibre?

Or do I need a custom column for it?
Old 04-28-2017, 08:43 AM   #234
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Tanjamuse - the built in language column needs one of these List of ISO 639-1 codes

BR
Old 04-28-2017, 08:52 AM   #235
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I've changed from English to En and then to Eng but it still doesn't picks up the language, I can't choose that column to import either.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:18 AM   #236
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Tanjamuse try 'en' for English, 'de' for Deutsche, 'fr' for 'French", 'da' for you know what.

You may need to preprocess your csv to replace 'English' with 'en' etc.

Do you mean 'language' is not in the list of available database columns !

BR
Old 04-28-2017, 09:24 AM   #237
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Yes, under columns to import the Language column doesn't show up.

As you can see it should have shown up in between these columns.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2017-04-28 15.19.54.png
Views:	179
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	156410  
Old 04-28-2017, 10:41 AM   #238
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post

Confirmed - I have a vague memory if you add books via IL, all the books end up with language set to the calibre interface language.

BR
Old 04-28-2017, 11:59 PM   #239
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post

The plugin doesn't do anything with the language. I'm not sure why kiwidude didn't include it in the list of fields to be populated. It might just be the extra complexity of making sure the value are valid languages. I'll have a look if I hve time, but I won't promise anything.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:25 AM   #240
Tanjamuse
Wizard

That would be very nice.

Thanks

Tags
column types