Notices

Old 05-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
Rutger
Rutger began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 Firefly
Onyx Boox I62 HD Firefly Bricked

Hello, i did something stupid

i updated my brand new firefly with Fireware for i62ML V1.8 20130403
then i discovered that i was missing my light option. (oeps)

So i searched again and updated my firefly with an firmware from www.onyx-boox.com.
( I think, but tryed in meanwhile more firmware updates without any luck. I will describe what my firefly looks like.)

Now when i turn on my firefly i see 4 3d pieces of a puzzle on top of that the tekst BOOX reading the world.
On the bottom of the screen the black boxes are loading till 10 pieces then the system freezes. (big oeps)

Downloaded the correct firmware on a fat32 formatted sdcard
update-20130427 (onyx-international.com)

Then I powered on and holding the back button, then:

The system says:

Request for update detected, checking updates …..
No update found. Booting device … (system hangs)

the system stops responding.

Please is there a soloution for this ?

Rutger
Rutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Rutger,

I accidentally installed the M92 firmware on my i62HD and it booted up funny too and I was able to recover from this.

First, I think you're not using the correct version of the firmware.

I recommend you go to the first discussion thread in this forum which contains links to the latest version of the firmware and be sure you've downloaded the correct version for your firefly. I would not get the software from www.onyx-international.com since it's different. You can download the firmware from the forum or from www.ereader-store.de. I've installed the version from the forum and it worked.

You want to copy the firmware file to an empty MicroSD card and keep it in the root folder. Do not create any folders on the MicroSD card or include any other files. Power off the i62 HD Firefly and insert the MicroSD card into the card reader slot. When you power on the i62 HD Firefly hold down the joystick button while turning on the power. Release the button once you see the updating firmware message. The correct version of the firmware should install and your i62 HD Firefly should boot up properly.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
Rutger

Hello jbsavitz, thank you for trying to help me out.

I did what you told me to do.
I downloaded from www.ereader-store.de update-20130427.zip
Formated not quickly my sd card fat32, copied the update to it.
Placed the sdcard in my firefly hold the back button while powering on, keeping de back button holded.
But :
Request for update detected, checking updates …..
No update found. Booting device … (system hangs)

Sadly...
Old 05-13-2013, 03:44 AM   #4
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
I will try to help you.
Please download and unzip that tool (best way to do it on XP PC):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...50_UPDATER.rar
Read "Quick Guide for imx508 Flashing Tool (Firefly)" carefully - I described step-by-step what to do.

Last edited by Booxtor; 05-14-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
Rutger

Hello Booxtor,

I am realy realy happy to hear form you!
But .. the link is not working, can you confirm that ?
Or is it me again doing the wrong things.

(XP sp3 computer is already arranged and i will follow instructions step by step)
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
Pooh_
Enthusiast
Pooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with others

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD, Onyx T68
Rutger, try this link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...50_UPDATER.rar
Pooh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
Rutger

Talking

Hiep hiep hoera !

Dutch for eureka it worked perfectly !

Thanks thanks thanks.