Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
hadog
hadog began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
kobo and ebooks

Hello
I am a newbie and I an unsure of the process here.
I have a kobo touch and I am trying to add some books to it. I can download/buy from kobo with no problem but I can not get other ebooks to work. I have been trying to use the adobe digital edition and have also tried calibre. The books are in the right format. I can copy over to the ereader and the books appear on the read when I check with My Computer but I can not see them on the ereader itself....only the books that I purchased are there
Am I missing something?
Any help would be appreciated
hadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
GoingDown
Zealot
GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
If you have newest Kobo Touch firmware, have you done the setup already (with registering with Kobo)? It is required step or sideloading books doesn't work.

There is workaround for dummy registration if you want to skip it. I just don't remember in which thread it is...

If you have registered your device, then it might be that your device database is somehow corrupted (it should automatically add your books to library when you disconnect the reader from computer...). You might reset it to factory defaults. This will delete the books and database and starts over from beginning.

Edit. Instructions are here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=262

Last edited by GoingDown; 01-11-2012 at 03:11 PM.
GoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
remcdonald
Connoisseur
remcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch
Welcome to the club,

It would help to know what site you are trying to download books from (assuming it's a legal site and can be posted here). There are plenty of sites including Google's Ebook site, and libraries. You need to makes sure to download them in an epub format into ADE they should show up in ADE first (could you tell us if the books are showing in your ADE library). You then need to plug in your Kobo and authorize it which your computer should ask you to do with one click then pull the book across and voila you should have a book on your reader waiting for you.
remcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
hadog
hadog began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
All is working now.....I did a factory reset.....re-loaded my library from kobo and then added books using calibre....worked great
I guess something was corrupt thanks guys!!!
hadog is offline   Reply With Quote