Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Loss of picture expansion capability

On my 3rd Generation Kindle Keyboard pictures can be expanded to full screen size by placing the cursor on the picture and pressing it.

That capability no longer exists in the Kindle Fire.

That is most unfortunate especially in viewing maps within historical books.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
In both Newsstand and Books reader apps, if you tap-and-hold a dialog appears to let you zoom the picture. If the picture is low-res (i.e. a NYT article pic) it wont fill the screen, but a higher res picture will. Tap-and-hold in the browser lets you open or save the pic, viewing it as large as you like, depending on resolution. I haven't tested the same feature in Docs app, but I assume its the same.

Or were you talking about something else?

Last edited by weatherman; 11-27-2011 at 09:31 AM.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
In both Newsstand and Books reader apps, if you tap-and-hold a dialog appears to let you zoom the picture. If the picture is low-res (i.e. a NYT article pic) it wont fill the screen, but a higher res picture will. Tap-and-hold in the browser lets you open or save the pic, viewing it as large as you like, depending on resolution. I haven't tested the same feature in Docs app, but I assume its the same.

Or were you talking about something else?
That did it. Thanks.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote