Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Problem paying at B&N (using VPN)

Today I bought some e-books at B&N. To my surprise the orders were cancelled because payment could not be authorized.
I am using an USunlocked card (an US Visa card with US billing address) and alwaysVPN. This has always worked fine.
I also tried my Dutch Mastercard (using an US billing address). And I tried Hotspot shield as a VPN. In both cases payment was not possible.

I can still download books from my B&N library, so in that case both cards are valid, but it seems I am not allowed to use them for payments.

Has anyone else outside the US problems paying at B&N? Or is it just a problem with my account?
Perhaps B&N is detecting the VPN?
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I have solved the problem.
As no-one else has mentioned problems, and testing with another VPN also did not work I concluded that the problem somehow was connected to my B&N account.
I have deregistered my Nook Color and Nook Touch, changed the e-mail address of my account, and registered my e-readers again.
After this payment authorizations worked again.
I have no idea what caused the problem.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
B&N may have detected your actual location. It's possible the VPN wasn't operating properly.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote