Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #16
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I didn't like the looks like a book cover case for the WiFi version. It seemed awkward to read with the case on. I read with the device nekkid at home, but when I am out and about, using the Touch within the cover for a few minutes here or there seems really good. That said, out of the house I often read on my phone.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #17
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sooty got the Kobo Touch Purple Book-Style Cover from Chapters and is delighted with it.

I was amused when I put the Kobo in it's case atop a real paper back. Basically it's the same size
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #18
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I have the purple one, too, Peter. And the lavender backed Touch.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #19
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
I hope the book-style covers for the Touch show up at Borders at some point. Soon.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #20
know-one
Connoisseur
know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kOBO
I also used the idea of the dvd plastic box and an elastic to make double sure it doesn't open because Kobo goes almost everywhere I go. I don't even think I'll be ever buying a Kobo case if they make it/has been made. I just find it genial to go around with my dvd case that actually contains a partial library. I can imagine in five years that we'll be able to put in a full library and in ten years - every book ever published on the planet!
know-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
I don't know where you get your DVDs, but ours are round, and fit into an almost-square case, which does not resemble the one you picture.

What normally goes into your "DVD" case?
The case pictured is the standard DVD case used in the UK, too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #22
know-one
Connoisseur
know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kOBO
...and may I add, in Canada too...
know-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #23
stef70
stef70 is no ebook tyro.stef70 is no ebook tyro.stef70 is no ebook tyro.stef70 is no ebook tyro.stef70 is no ebook tyro.stef70 is no ebook tyro.stef70 is no ebook tyro.stef70 is no ebook tyro.stef70 is no ebook tyro.stef70 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
I made my cover using a hard-cover book found in a second-hand store and a few pieces of wood for a total cost of less than $8 (and about 30m of work + 1h to find the book in the store).

http://www.chauveau-central.net/pub/...dMadeCover.jpg
stef70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #24
bluesgirl1976
bluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo touch/Kobo wi-fi
Homemade case for Kobo Touch

I sew..... so I made a quilted envelope style cover for both my Kobo Touch and my wi-fi Kobo. I am not exactly an an expert so it actually took quite a bit of reading time but I am happy with the results.
bluesgirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #25
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesgirl1976 View Post
I sew..... so I made a quilted envelope style cover for both my Kobo Touch and my wi-fi Kobo. I am not exactly an an expert so it actually took quite a bit of reading time but I am happy with the results.
I would love to see the results. I'm thinking of sewing up an envelope style cover for my Sony reader. I love the Roots leather envelope covers for the Kobo wi-fi, but they seem too big for my Sony.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #26
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef70 View Post
I made my cover using a hard-cover book found in a second-hand store and a few pieces of wood for a total cost of less than $8 (and about 30m of work + 1h to find the book in the store).

http://www.chauveau-central.net/pub/...dMadeCover.jpg
Excellent!
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #27
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
Excellent!
You should put a patent on it I think you could make some good money for that. It looks kick a$$. I am serious I think you could find a good market for selling it.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #28
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Ebay them!
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #29
bluesgirl1976
bluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo touch/Kobo wi-fi
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo cover.JPG
Views:	390
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	73770

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo cover open.JPG
Views:	379
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	73771
Well here it is....I don't think I could sell them. I would have to improve it a bit as there are some flaws. Flap is a bit crooked and I sewed the velcro on top flap after I lined the flap so the stitching shows when closed. But I am a bit of a perfectionist as all of my friends have asked for their own (but lets face it they are my friends )
bluesgirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #30
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Attachment 73770

Attachment 73771
Well here it is....I don't think I could sell them. I would have to improve it a bit as there are some flaws. Flap is a bit crooked and I sewed the velcro on top flap after I lined the flap so the stitching shows when closed. But I am a bit of a perfectionist as all of my friends have asked for their own (but lets face it they are my friends )
I think that it looks awesome. Great job, and I love the fabric print!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote