Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
squeed
squeed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Newbie having trouble connecting Kindle

I am running on a Mac 10.4, and my installation of Calibre is not recognizing a mounted Kindle. Yes I can see it on my desktop. I have the $139 ash colored version. I was running an earlier version of Calibre with another Kindle that broke. It was working fine. I deleted the entire older version of Calibre with the exception of my book library. I also deleted the preferences etc ... Here is the dialog from Calibre. I've read this problem up and down but I have not been able to figure mine out.

<Deleted dump because issue solved, and trying to save space on the forum>

Last edited by squeed; 02-14-2011 at 10:28 PM.
squeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeed View Post
I am running on a Mac 10.4, and my installation of Calibre is not recognizing a mounted Kindle. ~~ Version: 0.6.55
The driver for the Kindle you have wasn't added until 0.7.16. I'm curious why are you still using 0.6.55?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
squeed

Because I don't think that the 0.7.16 version works on 10.4. I think that you need 10.5.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeed View Post
Because I don't think that the 0.7.16 version works on 10.4. I think that you need 10.5.
Is this a power PC or Intel? According to the download page the newest version still compatible with the Power PC or OSX Tiger (10.4?) is 0.7.27.

You can get older versions here. If 0.7.27 doesn't work you can go back to 0.6.55.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-14-2011 at 10:27 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
squeed

I went with 0.7.27 and that fixed the problem. Thank you for the guidance.
Advert