Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 01:31 AM   #1
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
Gift Cards and Pre Paid Credit Cards

Hi
I want a few books from the Sony site that are limited to the US only.I live in Canada right along the MN border. I am wondering if I purchased a sony gift card or a pre paid credit card from the United States if I would be able to purchase and download these books.
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
I think for the cost of a 20$ prepaid credit card I'd find out fairly quickly.

Although you might need a PO box or drop shipping address in the states to go along with it.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #3
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
Well Darn! I just talked to Sony and they told me that pre paid credit cards and american sony gift cards will not work on a canadian registered account. So I guess i will have to try something else
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
Well Darn! I just talked to Sony and they told me that pre paid credit cards and american sony gift cards will not work on a canadian registered account.
There is a hint right there as how to resolve this.

Although, there are many other places to buy books for your Sony. Did you look at BooksOnBoard.com?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
jv5775
jv5775 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
I have a Border's gift card. Does anyone know if it can be used at the Sony reader store, since Border's doesn't have e-books.
jv5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
No. Border's gift cards do not work at the Sony reader store, only Border's, Border's online, and Waldenbooks.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #7
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
Well Darn! I just talked to Sony and they told me that pre paid credit cards and american sony gift cards will not work on a canadian registered account. So I guess i will have to try something else

I don't know about the prepaid US credit card working but the other part is baloney. They don't sell the Sony gift cards in Canada because they're only in US funds. I regularly buy them in Buffalo to use at home in Canada. Never had a problem. I have a Canadian registered account, a Canadian credit card and a US Sony gift card. Works like a charm. I just got one yesterday as a matter of fact. OH, but it won't let me buy US only books. Big Brother knows where you are with the info your ISP puts out.

You can buy them at Borders and if you have a Borders gift card you can use it to buy your Sony gift card, Best Buy, Toys R Us, some Walmarts and Targets. I'm sure there are other places to buy but that's where I've seen them and they're fairly easy to find.

If you go to the US often and buy from Borders get their reward card. You get points when you shop and they eventually send you Borders Bucks which you can then use to get $X off your next Sony gift card. They send out tons of discount coupons but they don't let you use them to buy any gift card or electronic item. Bummer but the Borders Bucks are like cash.

The Borders Sony cards are weird to redeem though compared to say the Best Buy ones. The cards have a card number and then the number under the scratch off part. With the Best Buy ones you enter the number under the scratch off part to redeem and you're done. The Borders one you have to first enter the card number (the one anyone can read in the store) and then you enter the number under the scratch off part.

It's not difficult but the first time I went to redeem a Borders one it didn't work and the manager at the store had no idea how to do it. I had to look it up on the Sony Help Pages to figure it out.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote