Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
Miss
Connoisseur
Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 360+
Suggestion: Ad-free experience for supporting members

Though I've barely posted here I've found this site really informative, and I greatly appreciate it. However I personally find the advertisements are so off-putting that despite the excellent content and atmosphere I'm finding I don't tend to stick around longer than necessary to get the answers I need. It looks like there's a great community here and I would like to be a part of it, but for me the ads genuinely hinder my participation.

As a solution, many forums who run advertisements offer their members the option of a paid "premium" membership that is ad-free. In this way the forum remains supported while individuals who find the ads too intrusive have a way to opt out of them and still enjoy the forum.

There is, of course, no obligation to change anything, especially considering that I'm a newbie and likely the odd one out. But I figured I'd mention it in case it was helpful.

Thanks again for the great site!
Miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss View Post
Though I've barely posted here I've found this site really informative, and I greatly appreciate it. However I personally find the advertisements are so off-putting that despite the excellent content and atmosphere I'm finding I don't tend to stick around longer than necessary to get the answers I need. It looks like there's a great community here and I would like to be a part of it, but for me the ads genuinely hinder my participation.

As a solution, many forums who run advertisements offer their members the option of a paid "premium" membership that is ad-free. In this way the forum remains supported while individuals who find the ads too intrusive have a way to opt out of them and still enjoy the forum.

There is, of course, no obligation to change anything, especially considering that I'm a newbie and likely the odd one out. But I figured I'd mention it in case it was helpful.

Thanks again for the great site!
I am slightly baffled by your post. The forum only shows you ads if you're reading it as a guest. It's ad-free if you're logged in as a member.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
In other words, "premium" membership is free
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #4
Miss
Connoisseur
Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm still getting ads, and I'm clearly logged in... hmm.

Edit: screenshot attached. One banner ad on top and one just below the post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mobile read screanshot.png
Views:	258
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	81159  

Last edited by Miss; 01-13-2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Could have something to do with your cache... Try emptying it and try again.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
Miss
Connoisseur

Cache cleared; no change.

It isn't a big deal - I can still manage to use the forums, just not as much as it'd be fun to.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Cache cleared; no change.

It isn't a big deal - I can still manage to use the forums, just not as much as it'd be fun to.
Use AdBlock, I never see an Ad.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #8
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Use AdBlock, I never see an Ad.
Maybe, but that's not the point. The fact that she is seeing ads even though she is logged in means there is something wrong somewhere. Better to find out what's wrong and to fix it than to brush the problem aside.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
AdBlockPlus with FireFox is your friend. I don't get advertisements that way.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #10
Miss
Connoisseur

Hey hey, whadayaknow, I'm (naturally) ad-free now! Looks like my application to "premium membership was accepted!!!

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Looks like an ad blocker would make my life a lot easier. I'll look into it.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Hey hey, whadayaknow, I'm (naturally) ad-free now! Looks like my application to "premium membership was accepted!!!
Maybe it is like other things that require x number of posts before kicking in.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #12
six58
six58 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
i notice i am also still getting ads - does anyone know if it is indeed a post requirement before they go?

p.s have tried logging out and in again, and tried clearing cache.
six58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I think the restrictions disappear after two weeks and 10 posts. Something like that, anyway.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #14
six58
six58 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
ok cheers
six58 is offline   Reply With Quote