Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 12:11 AM   #1
stepliana
stepliana began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Converted books not opening at the beginning.

I converted a bunch of books using the most recent Calibre version today, and put them on my Kindle. I opened a few of them, only to find that the first time I open them, they're not starting at the beginning. I have to page back a few times just to get it to go back to the actual first page of the book. (The only reason I noticed is because one of the books had a prologue and I couldn't find it.) Is this intentional behavior? Or is my Kindle just on crack? (I'm also having a problem where opening certain books isn't removing the 'new' next to the book.)
stepliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That will happen if the the books you are converting specify a starting point not at the start of the book.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote