Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Flipboard for iPad

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flipb...358801284?mt=8

Quote:
Flipboard is the world's first social magazine. Your Flipboard is a fast, beautiful way to flip through news, photos and updates your friends are sharing on Facebook and Twitter. And it’s an incredible place to discover fresh content from around the Twittersphere.
This is getting incredible buzz around the blogosphere/twitterverse...not being a Facebook user, I'm sure I'm missing out on some of it's power But worth checking out!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:22 AM   #2
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
I have been trying to, but a Twitter mob has descended on their servers and they have imploded. Hopefully they will sort it out soon, it does look interesting.
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherTD View Post
I have been trying to, but a Twitter mob has descended on their servers and they have imploded. Hopefully they will sort it out soon, it does look interesting.
Ah, good, so its not just my Twitter account that can't access it

The other stuff seems interesting-instead of RSS, it looks like a more curated approach to news gathering.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Ah, good, so its not just my Twitter account that can't access it

The other stuff seems interesting-instead of RSS, it looks like a more curated approach to news gathering.
If you get on, maybe you can share some screen shots here? I'm not into social networking, but wouldn't mind seeing what the feature looks like.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #5
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
This is very nice. I managed to get one Twitter account hooked up to it after repeated attempts. Feels very much like a magazine with tweets living alongside linked articles complete with photos.
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #6
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
If you get on, maybe you can share some screen shots here? I'm not into social networking, but wouldn't mind seeing what the feature looks like.
I will, Maggie! Twitter must be getting slammed today by all the requests.

Here is ReadWriteWeb's writeup of it...http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives...antic_data.php

Note that the social content is going to be pretty dependent on...well, who you are social with

It is very pretty though-kinda reminds me of the Photos slideshow.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
kjk

Ok, so finally got my kjkbook account up:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1-1.PNG
Views:	293
Size:	647.1 KB
ID:	55528   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2-1.PNG
Views:	276
Size:	330.0 KB
ID:	55529  
Old 07-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #8
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Have downloaded the app but I cannot add my facebook account just yet

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:39 AM   #9
dwharrison
Info Geek
dwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Same here. From what I can see with the default content, I think this could be a go-to application for me once I'm able to actually get it configured with the twitter feeds I want.
dwharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post

Lee
Keep trying. I got the "server too busy" message...or words to that effect... just kept trying repeatedly and both FB and Twitter were added.

This is a very impressive free app. The buzz is very well deserved in this case.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:03 AM   #11
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2 , Kindle Oasis 2018
When you do get access my guess is that you will really enjoy it.

I sure do!
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote