Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2022, 05:28 PM   #16
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Is there a way to force decrypted e-books to use the WebKit renderer, other than converting them to KEPUB, first?
I believe you can chane the extension (epub.kepub or kepub.epub), but I think there is some special ?markup? for real kepub.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 05:36 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I believe you can chane the extension (epub.kepub or kepub.epub), but I think there is some special ?markup? for real kepub.
Yes you can change the file extension, but the eBook won't work properly depending on what you want to do. It is best to use the KTE driver to convert and then it will work properly.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 06:40 PM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Looking at my collection, I have 17 of the 13K ebooks in my collection in kepub format. Oddly, the only 17 books that have quite a few images and images that are a high enough resolution to be worth zooming (my minimum is 2750 in any dimension) and interesting enough to be worth zooming. For the most part, these are books where I have upgraded the images thanks to some authors/artists who put higher res images on their websites.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 08:00 PM   #19
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Looking at my collection, I have 17 of the 13K ebooks in my collection in kepub format. Oddly, the only 17 books that have quite a few images and images that are a high enough resolution to be worth zooming (my minimum is 2750 in any dimension) and interesting enough to be worth zooming. For the most part, these are books where I have upgraded the images thanks to some authors/artists who put higher res images on their websites.
I guess this also depends on the genres you read. For example, history and epic fantasy often have maps. Many nonfiction books also have various images. Contemporary romances, thrillers and mysteries, OTOH, rarely have any images worth zooming.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 09:35 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I guess this also depends on the genres you read. For example, history and epic fantasy often have maps. Many nonfiction books also have various images. Contemporary romances, thrillers and mysteries, OTOH, rarely have any images worth zooming.
Quite a few of the maps in the ebooks I've read have not been very high resolution. Probably to keep the size of the books down. I have replaced several maps but not all that often. I had a quick look at my history and other non-fiction ebooks and again, most of the images were too low resolution to be worth zooming. Oddly, cookbooks seem to one genre that tends to have lots of images with some that are high resolution.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
clara 2e, zoom