Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 04-18-2023, 06:22 AM   #1
Danai Tsirimokou
Danai Tsirimokou began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question New list button

Hello,

I am a university student and for one of my courses I have to contribute to an open-source project. I have been using calibre for some years now to manage my e-books so after I found that anyone can contribute, I thought I’d give it a shot.

Now my idea is to make a “button” like add books, view, and help that is going to be named future books or something similar and it will basically allow you to make lists for the books you want to read but either can’t afford or don’t have the time. Personally, as a student I fall on the first category, course books can be expensive even in e-book form. And unfortunately, they cannot be found in the calibre get books button, so I have to find them in their site, buy them and then transfer them to my kindle through calibre. But it would be great to keep track of them with a list.

So, I wanted to ask if that would be alright and then for some advice for how to connect the image, code, and test with the main calibre code in my device. Ideally I would want it to be after the preferences button so it doesn’t disturb anything else but I don’t know where the everything is supposed to go. I already have some preliminary code that I’m working on and the testing for it, but I want to work on it some more.

Thank you very much.
Danai Tsirimokou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 07:51 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look at the existing reading lists plugin
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2023, 01:30 PM   #3
Danai Tsirimokou
Danai Tsirimokou began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Lightbulb Any ideas?

Thank you I thought that I read them all to be sure, but it must have slipped.

Is there anything I can help develop for calibre?
I’ve never contributed to anything before, so I wanted to ask first.

I love using it and it makes my life easier, so it was practically the one and only project that came to mind when our professor asked us to contribute.
Danai Tsirimokou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 10:27 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look at the plugin ideas threads for features people have requested.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote